7

"Don't you think you've said enough, Sabito?' Izumi says, cutting him off. She gets up and glares at him for a second. I didn't even realize she was awake.

I wonder how much she heard.

There's an awkward silence, and Izumi turns around to face me as she is about to open her mouth to speak. She's interrupted by Sabito's growling stomach. Izumi and I turn around to look at Sabito. He's as red as a tomato.

"When did you last eat?" she asks him.

"Yesterday morning..." he says quietly.

"Look, there's a town nearby. You get Sabito something," she says, turning to me.

"I don't have any money," I reply.

___

"I don't have any money," Giyuu says bluntly.

"Eh? What kind of person doesn't keep a bit of money with them." Izumi thinks.

She asks Sabito if he has any and, he also replies with a no. Wondering what they should do, Izumi takes a pouch out of her pocket and opens it. In there, the two see tons and tons of coins. Izumi picks out a few and hands them over to Giyuu.

"Here, there's enough for like four meals and some extra if you want to get something else," she says.

"Where'd you get all that? Giyuu asks. "You didn't steal that from the humans, did you?. He finishes, and Izumi, who had been enraged by his comment, lunges at him. Yelling at him, making him think that her demon senses finally got to her. Giyuu quickly draws his katana and readies himself into a stance. Seeing this, Sabito quickly grabs Izumi and restrains her.

"GET OFF ME, SABITO!" She yells. "AND YOU! HOW COULD YOU EVER THINK I COULD EVER STOOP SO LOW?" she continues telling Giyuu off. Hearing this, Giyuu and Sabito deadpan at her. "Wait, why do you have your katana out?" she asks, calming down a bit.

"I thought you were gonna attack me," he says, and Sabito nods.

"Sabito gets off me," she says again, attempting to push him off her. He lets go of her, hesitation in his eyes. "You guys still don't trust me yet, do you?" she says, her eyes meeting the floor.

"Izumi-san... Well, we can never know when you would revert back to true demon nature..." Sabito says, trailing off.

"..."

She can feel the sun creeping into the cave opening, more and more, and jumps behind Giyuu since he is the farthest away from the entrance.

"Mi-chan?" Sabito questions. A pink tint spreads across Giyuu's cheeks as he feels Izumi clutching his haori for her dear life.

"Is she hiding from the sun?" he asks.

"Yeah, I guess-" Sabito's interrupted by Izumi's hissing. As she hisses at the sun, her fangs are revealed. Sabito gasps, leaving Giyuu somewhat confused, and he turns around to face her. His eyes go wide as he sees them.

The sun peers in more and more, scaring Izumi, and she buries her face into his chest, blushing madly Giyuu starts to usher her farther into the cave. Sabito is just stunned as he watches them disappear into the darkness. A few moments later, he finally catches up to them and sees them digging a hole. He joins, no questions asked since he has already figured out what they are planning to do.

~Time Skip~

During the process o digging, Izumi looks over at Giyuu's hands, which look awful. They are really red and probably hurt a lot from digging at the dirt for such a long time. Since Sabito joined a couple minutes ago, he seems to be okay, and Izumi's nails are sort of protecting her fingertips from getting hurt.

"You should stop," she says, looking over at him.

"No, the hole isn't big enough yet," he replies, continuing to scrape his fingers against the clay-like dirt.

Recently Izumi discovered she can shrink or grow in size whenever she wants as long as she concentrates and visualizes herself shrinking or growing in her mind.

Izumi concentrates on her visualization, and soon enough, she's shrunk in size. She hops in the hole.

"See, it is big enough," she says smiling, as Sabito and Giyuu just look at her in awe. But the moment is ruined by Sabito's growling stomach yet again, Izumi slightly chuckles.

"Well, then I should get going then," he says, getting up and dusting off his clothes.

"Wait!" she says. "Come here, first." and Giyuu follows her instructions sitting down outside the hole. She pulls something out of her pocket and takes his hands. She starts to apply an ointment on his fingers, and once she's finished, she takes out a bandage roll and wraps his fingers around it. "There, now you can go," she says, smiling.

"Thanks," Giyuu grumbles under his breath, and he gets up and leaves, blushing uncontrollably. As he leaves, Giyuu hears Sabito exclaiming, "When did you learn to shrink? Oh, and can you do my hands next?" she starts to help Sabito, starting with his thumb. While she explains how she discovered her ability.

___

"Why does she have to be so perfect at everything? She even knows how to bandage and take care of wounds. She was also a Demon Slayer, a hidden Hashira, the elite of the elites. Why didn't she tell me? But I guess it's only fair since I've only really known her for a day. Still, if she had gotten confirmation from Oyakata-sama, I would've believed her. Maybe she's not that desperate to live, but if she wasn't, then why did she clutch on to me at the sight of the sun? She really is complicated, and I want to take her to Urokodaki sensei. I want to see what he thinks. Also, I want to ask Oyakata-sama about her and her sister, but I don't think he knows she is still alive.

Sabito had said that "since they disappeared." Maybe he really doesn't know. I wonder how she became a demon, though. And the death of her sister, if she is stronger than the Hashira, then how did she die? What about her clan, the Mei Clan, seems a bit familiar. I'll have to ask Sensei about it. Maybe he would know.

I doubt that Oyakata-sama would deny my request, but I'm not so sure though. If he has to hide her existence, maybe she had a really dark past.

It's a weird situation.

Was her clan a secret clan or what? I know I've heard it somewhere, but where was it? This is so confusing. I have to hurry to the town, or Sabito will start to annoy everyone with his loud stomach."

I push aside my thoughts and hurry over to the town that can faintly be seen on the horizon.

❱ ʀᴇᴠɪꜱᴇᴅ