The Mud

My name is G/N.I serve the Kaiser in the 5th Stormbatallion on the western Front.History is written by the victors.And we are non of them.How was the war for on the German side? Same mud.Same Chaos.And we all died the same horrible death.I've seen many things on this frontline let me tell you that but...never have i imagined what horrors these trenches are. So much death...So much psychological pain.I've seen men walking on nomansland without expression,no fear. Shellshocked by the war around them.The celebration that started the war is long gone.We mark the year 1916. My superior officer has his whistle in his mouth again.I see an young boy slowly crying for what is about to come.Another officer screams at us the words we shall live die by: "You are the Kaisers Elite.You are Stormtroopers.The prussian people await a glorius victory!Für den Kaiser!"
We  charge out of our trenches.I van hear the artillery firing behind me.Finally Smoke to cover our attack.The Mg at the enemy trench stats firing at the Smoke without knowing were the enemy is.Little does he know  i am so close to him to nearly hit him with my bayonett. I charge at the Mg from the side.I hit the gunner right into his throat killing him quickly.His scout trying to react somehow gets to meet his date from my luger.I Jump into the trench trying to find out where als is and where smoke.i knew some key positions in the Trench beacause one of our scoutplanes scouted tue enemy trench so we could attack more efficent.To the right i would get deeper into the trench with more Mg positions.I started to Run clenching to my Riflw charging through the smoke.I saw a young man trying to aim at one of my comrades. I used my showel i sharpend hours ago to Kill him quickly.I prefer quick deaths.I don't want to see my enemy suffer to death.Dying can be  very painful in this war to end all wars.Gas is horrible and ensure the painful death without a proper gasmask. Found   a man sitting next to his rifle an crying.Another soldier called him out for his cowardness and i responded by killing him with a shot through his skull.I left the man alone sitting next to his rifle shellshocked.He will never be the same again.I need to search for the last Mg in this sector so the way is clear for the rest of the troops on this side.But suddenly the smoke clearex up and i felt wind on my face. I saw the last Mg bu so did they.Bullets flew past me and i  managed to lay on the ground before i would have Lost my head.I grabed one of my grenades and threw it at the mg.I could hearvmy enemy scream before the grenade went of.I ran to what left of the Mg and saw an semingly scottish man lay on the ground missing both his arms.He screamed loudly in pain.Instead of shooting him to end his suffering i wanted to help him I am German no monster.I called out for a combat medic while trying to Patch his strongly bleeding with the little of medical Support i have.I told him in his language medics would arraive soon and he should not start to think about saying Goodbye to his loved ones but rather accept defeat capitulate and allow treatment.First je told me to fuck off but after realising i won't use my luger on him he said he agrees to my demands.Combat medics were close to our spearheads and followed us on our push.I saw one jumping into the trench and called him to me.He saw the Situation and told me he would handle the Situation from here in and that i have done a great job.I asked him how the push on the the other side is going and he told me that most of the trech had been taken over by  our forces.The British have to retreat and regroup of what is left of their forces in the trench and the french are now hodling the next line of defence.We can't attack and further without securing and wearing the trench we conquered,otherwise we would risk a quick counterattack.The attack never came and we sat again in a trench trying to live on.We Lost only a couplebman in our battallion and wanted to know what happened to the scott.He got carried away by medics to the field hopsital away from the frontline.
The next day

After some hard earned sleep it was time to further fortify the trench.Mgs were repositoned.Gear and rationscgot stash away. We found another stash of food left by the British when they needed to retreat quickly.Now i am sitting down command my small group to get some rest and sit down but be alarmed for a possible attack.Only Stoormtroopers in perfect Condition can fight at 110%.Now i am sitting down waiting for orders from headquarters drinking some coffe and reading a newspaper.