9. Back Home

FLASHBACK

"That's not him"

"But uncle-"

"No Korn! That's not him! He's too young.. I can tell! Look at the way he's dressed! It's not that bastard! Where did you find him? What did you do to this boy?"

Korn looked down at the boy who was fighting death at the moment.

"I saved him.." he sighed. "I saw someone jump off the bridge and I went and saved him. That's when I saw him face to face.. but he's.. he's.."

Timothy sighed and leaned down to see the poor young boy who currently breathe through an oxygen mask.

"He is.. just like him.."

Just then the boy showed signs of movement and slowly opened his eyes.

"Korn.."

"I'll get the doctor!" The tall man ran out, leaving the two people alone. The boy looked around in panic but Timothy felt like he realized he lived, and was disappointed. The tears and the sadness and the pain he saw in the boy's eyes was something he had felt for a while now.

.
.

"What is your name?"

The boy was currently sitting on his hospital bed, looking down dejectedly. He didn't answer.

"I asked your name" Timothy smiled at being ignored like that. "Well.. I can always find out.. Kao.."

Kao froze, eyes widened. The old man smiled again. "I heard they're looking for you.. you want to go back home? I know if my child was missing like this.. I would want him back home"

"I.." Kao spoke for the first time after a week of quiet. "I don't deserve to go home.."

Timothy smiled. He knew. How ironic, he couldn't what he came back to Thailand to find but found out everything there was to know about Kao, how his father left his wife and two kids to disappear. How his mother raised him all this time and how Kao has survived life. The boyfriend, his grades and his good reputation and his part time jobs and his tutoring sessions and also the scandal. He also know the kid was a liar.

"Now why would you say that kiddo?" He asked kindly and the poor boy teared up.

"I'm not that.. I'm not worthy.. I'm not.. they don't want me.. I hurt the people who love me.. I'm.." his voice cracked and he turned away to lay on his side and cried hos heart out. "I'm just a big disappointment. I.. I can't keep anyone happy. I only make.. I only.. they all left me.. I want to die.."

Timothy's heart was ready to burst hearing him sob hard and he put his palm on the miserable boy's head. He knew this boy had done nothing wrong and that he in no way was unworthy of anything.

And that was the worst thing that could happen to a person.

.
.

"Uncle..."

"No matter what happens! No one finds out about him" The old businessman spoke firmly. "No matter what. He's in so much pain... they deserve a little pain too"

Korn only bowed slightly and walked away. No questions. While Timothy turned to look at the innocent child who was currently fast asleep.

.
.

"I won't take you away from your loved ones if you don't want to child.. not if that's not what you want.."

"Why're you so nice to me" Kao had been staring at the older man who had just fed him soup and now was processing to help him clean up.