seven

Sai

Sai

"Wanna talk about it, or you gonna stay mad and kill our vibe? Right, Nori?" Keon bounced Norian up and down on his leg. She nodded, giggling and drooling all over her hands.

"Don't bring her into this," I started, "Baby girl make sure you stay out of grown folks business. That's gonna bring you hell, sis. Trust me."

She reached her chubby hand out, which was covered in slob, and tried to grab at me. "Aht, aht. Come here," I wiped her down and removed her hand from her face.

"Forreal though. What's the issue?"

After leaving Ada's place that night I came straight here. Cause I ain't wanna be upset and alone. That just makes everything ten times worse. Plus, my roommate be waking up at the slightest noises. Even if I made zero sound she would tell me I'm too loud in her sleep. I only planned on staying the night but somehow one day turned into three.

"We were gonna go to the club, or whatever. But we ended up not going."

"Yeah, clearly. That doesn't explain what gotchu in this mood."

"What mood?" I thought I was pretty good at hiding how I felt.

"Okay, Sai. Keep playing dumb and we're gonna be here forever."

I sighed. "I don't know, I feel lied to again. Remember I told you that Tia knew Elijah was cheating on me but she never told me?"

"Mhm," he said, adding a little stank face. It was obvious that he still wasn't feeling any of them.

"Well, the same shit happened. But this time, with Bree. She's with him, Keon. And nobody thought to tell me." That just made it so much more frustrating. The situations were so similar, and Ada and Bree had been there for it. They knew how much I didn't like that and they turned around and did it to me again.

"I get that you mad cause they ain't tell you. But at this point, that ain't yo nigga to be stressing about no more. If Brielle wanna be with his bust down ass then that's on her." He was right, but I just couldn't figure out the reason why it pissed me off so badly. Why did it make me so mad that Bree was with him?

I nodded and checked my phone. While I was feeling all mopey, it was almost time for my therapy session. Afterward, I was going to see Neisha.

"Gimme my baby before I go," I reached out for Norian.

Keon got up and placed her in the corner of the couch then tried sitting down in my lap. "Here I am. Goo goo ga ga." I laughed and moved him off me. "Oh, definitely not you."

"Word?" He took Nori back in his arms and started walking around the couch. "If it ain't me, then it ain't her. Kick rocks." She stretched her arms out for me and smiled. I could see her little baby teeth coming in.

We started racing around the living room, but speed walking of course because I didn't want her to fall. She started to get out of his arms and stumbled toward me. "You on the losing side, Norian. You might wanna reconsider," he said. She stopped halfway and looked between the two of us. She started to walk back over to Keon.