Poor Granddad Rogers

—— Steve's POV ——
Peter isn't holding anything down which worries me. "Bud?" he grunts, "How about we go see Bruce?" "Ok." I had him a pair of crazy dark sunglasses to wear. We make it to the tower's garage, Bruce says "Hi Steve, how are things?" "Peter has been having a rough time with this headache." "Ok, Peter, your Granddad says you haven't been feeling well. Want to tell me where it hurts?" Pete nods, he tells Bruce about the pain. Bruce turns to me, "He needs an MRI, Steve." "Just help him feel better, Bruce, it's all I ask." he nods, we head to Peter's room in Medbay.
I pace as Pete gets the tests done, Cho and Bruce walk with pale faces "He has a mass in his brain, Steve, it's at least the size of a grapefruit." I feel like someone just ripped out my vocal cords. "Bruce, Cho, just save my grandson's life!!" they nod, Cho says "We need to operate, Steve, it's gonna be a long surgery. Ok?" I nod, Cho says "Why don't you go to the MD (meltdown) room? It might help you right now. Just to throw some stress balls at the wall." "Thanks. Can I talk to him before they take him?" "Yes." "Thanks."

I walk back into the room, Peter's head is partially shaved. "Hey buddy." "Hi Granddad." "They're gonna make you feel better, ok? Peter, I'm scared but I love you so much buddy." "I love you too, Granddad." "It's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better, ok?" Peter nods, "You're making a waterfall." "It's because I'm scared, Petey, you mean the world to me and I'm scared. I love you so much kiddo, I will move mountains to make sure you're safe." Tony enters "Bruce called me, hey Peter, how are you doing?" "Ok. Granddad is more scared than I am." Tony nods, "Steve, it's ok. He has the best doctors and nurses." I nod, I feel bile run up my throat, I rush to the bathroom. It's just nerves, I need to call May.
I say my goodbyes to Peter before surgery and I pick up my phone to call May. I press send, she picks up on the first ring.
May: Steve, is everything ok?
Steve: May, Peter was sick this morning and he's gotten worse. I took him to the tower to see Bruce.
May: Ok, what's going on?
Steve: They found a brain tumor the size of a grapefruit in Peter, he's in surgery right now. May, I can take care of him until you come home, please don't rush back.
May: Steve, send me updates! Since I'm in Russia with Pepper working on the contract to help the people here