Gamma Ray

Breathing heavily you looked around as they circled you enclosing themselves.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Oh my god."

"Someone call the police."

Behind their screens, you were standing in the center holding your bleeding arm. Except your blood wasn't red.

"Weirdo."

"I heard about people injecting themselves with the stuff used for the glow in dark sticks."

"Junky!"

"But she's wearing white?"

"Fanatic?"

"Mental hospital?"

Covering your ears you shook your head as your blue veins showed. But through the rampant chattering, the introduction of the song was louder than them.

So much so that you engaged in what this radio voice said. The voice that sounded just like the videos you would watch in the asylum.

The moon landing, the stars, the astronauts. It wasn't your curiosity of the outside world it was your perspective. The perspective of seeing humankind engage in breaking boundaries.

Humans, or as you call them "Engineers." You have always been called a test subject, or a mutation. So you never defined yourself in the category of people. Due to the way you were exposed you had bad luck with being around bad people.

Which means you picked up bad habits and a bad mentality.

Perhaps you can blame the people around you, perhaps you can blame the tests they have done to you, or maybe its all the shock therapy.

Your gender was not yours for the choosing, your personality, your character, you couldn't have any of it.

But despite the cold temperatures you've endured you never visioned everyone to be the same, not when you saw them so delighted to enter a new world.

STARSET- Where the skies end

You've seen their downfalls which depressed you greatly but it was a challenge they faced, there seemed to be a balance the theory of cause and effects.

"In a restless search for new opportunities and new ways of living"

The green pulse rippled through your body as they all gasped in horror being able to see your interior. Bones, veins, organs, you were exposed to everyone.

But these creatures that are around you, they are not even people.

"Junky!"

"But she's wearing white?"

"Fanatic?"

"Mental hospital?"

"She' looks too young?"

"Where are her parents?"

"Shut up!" You screamed as you managed to send a mixture of blue and green pulsing waves.

"The mystery and the promise of distant horizons."

The crowd of people flew back, landing on their backs.

"The mystery and the promise of distant horizons

Always have called men forward"