Part 3

As we got to Scott's bright blue Ford Mustang that was parked just far enough from my house that my mom wouldn't notice, I felt a strange presence. Opening the door of the Mustang, I felt the presence stronger and closer, which caused me to shiver. I stared behind me into the dark woods that lived near the backside of my house and searched for any unsettling movement. Nothing. I glanced back at Scott who was now in the car waiting for me.
Scott was listening to a rock station on the radio at medium volume. He was slightly nodding his head to the rhythm and was lightly tapping his index fingers to the top of his steering wheel. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't notice that he had stopped the car and was looking me in the eyes with a cheeky grin on his face.
"Like what ya see?" Scott asked with a smile growing by the second.
"What? No. I didn't mean to stare that long- I mean, I'm sorry for staring at you, I wasn't thinking. I-" I was cut off by Scott crashing his lips to mine. I could feel the intense heat rise from ear to ear. I know I shouldn't have liked it so much but it was so wrong it felt right. As Scott leaned out of the kiss, we stood there silently. Him looking at me, and me looking down at my lap.
"Scott, I-"
"It's okay. I know about you and Patch. I know you two are a thing which makes me regret doing that even more." Scott said quietly and a little saddened.
"I'm so sorry," I said quietly, even I could barely hear.
While turning the key and putting the Mustang in drive, Scott managed a smile. "Hey! How about we get some ice cream and forget this ever happened, yeah?"
"Ice cream? In 24 degree weather?"
"Why not?" Scott asked with a bit of a shrug.
"Don't you think it's a bit..." I said numbly looking out the passenger window, "Cold?"
"C'mon, Grey, you never turn down a chance to get ice cream!" He said making a left into a parking lot where two cars were parked in silence.
"Are they even open?" I asked looking out the window at the burnt-out lights the building held on the outside walls.
"We'll just be in there long enough to get ice cream and leave," Scott said, getting out of the Mustang and heading to the locked doors in the back of the store