Part 4

Getting out of the car and trying to keep up with Scott I said in a low voice, "You're not gonna steal are you?"
"It's better than paying for overpriced ice cream," Scott said, shrugging his shoulders and proceeding to lodge some sort of metal tool into the lock.
As I was watching Scott fiddle with the lock, someone grabbed my wrist and said to my thoughts, "Angel, come with me."
"Patch?" I said to his thoughts.
Patch had a hold of my wrist and didn't let go until we were on his black motorcycle that stood almost unseen in the dark alley just on the other side of the ice cream shop.
"Didn't I tell you to stay away from him?" Patch said in a dark, irritated tone.
"I can hang out with whoever I want, you're not one to say I can't," I said a little harsher than I wanted.
"Angel," Patch said softly with a slightly saddened look.
"Patch?" I asked a little worried, "Is- is everything okay?"
Now I was scared. Patch is never sad, or at least in front of me. Did he fall again? I question myself. I looked down at the ground. Seeing a small stream of blue liquid running down the backs of Patch's legs slowly creating a quarter-sized pool at his ankles. I looked up at Patch, my eyes meeting his. "What happened?" I asked, my voice quivering and tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Patch turned around allowing me to see the deep gashes where his wing scars used to be, blue liquid slowly finding its way out of them.
"How are you not paralized or even dead?" I asked, shocked and a bit angered.
"Nora Grey," Patch continued, "you are seeing a hallucination of me. I'm tricking your mind into seeing me.
A tear found its way down my face. "But why?"
"Dante stabbed me with two of his most successful prototypes used to kill fallen angels," He paused to let out a long shaky sigh. "I don't know how to say this... but this is the last time you'll see and speak to me." I watched as the silent tears fell from both his eyes down to his neck.
"Can't you find a way to escape Hell?" I ask looking up at him, tears blurring my vision making it hard to make out each perfect detail of his body structure.
"Angel," he asked, drained from all energy. "I'm not going to be chained in Hell. I'll be in a state of waiting... nothingness. My existence will be gone."
I stepped closer to Patch and flung my arms around his neck. With tears streaming down my face, I silently sobbed into his shoulder as he held me tight. I felt his chest rise and fall irregularly and noticed that he was also crying, so I hugged him back even tighter.