Summer Movie Series

TW: There is a lot of physical fighting in this chapter. There is Pogue on kook fighting, but also Elm goes through hell with Gerald, so please be cautious if either of those things can be harming to your health! 

When your dad opened the door and you saw Kie standing there on your front porch, your heart seized for a moment. You thought maybe something had happened to one of the boys, but from the small smile on her face, you could tell that wasn't the case.

"What can I do for you, miss?" Your dad asked, wiping his hands on a kitchen towel. You neared, meeting her eyes and giving a small wave. She didn't wave back, but her smile grew wider.

"My name is Kiara Carrera. My mom and dad own the Wreck? I live not too far away from here," she said, which was her way of saying that she was a Kook and lived on Figure 8. "I was wondering if your daughter wanted to come with me to the summer movie series today."

Your heart soared as you turned to look at your dad quickly. Being able to spend the day with Kie without fearing any retribution from your dad was high on your list of things that would make you very happy. You stepped toward your dad, pleading with your eyes even if he couldn't see you.

"Well, Kiara, that offer is mighty nice of you, but-"

"Daddy, can I please go?" You asked with another step, twisting your hands. He turned to look at you, jaw tight. You pinched your eyebrows together as you knit your eyebrows together. He watched you carefully before finally sighing and hanging his head.

"You've been good this summer," he said. "You can go."

A smile broke across your face as you glanced over at Kie. She grinned almost as widely. You ran toward your dad, throwing your arms around his neck. For a moment, he hugged you kindly, until he grabbed your arm with an iron grip. You glanced over at Kie and her smile faltered.

"Anything happens today," he hissed in your ear, sending a ripple of tremors down your spine. "And you're dead."

You nodded against his shoulder and as you slowly let him go, you tried to fix a smile back onto your lips. He dropped his hand from your arm and smiled again, but you could see the venom behind his teeth.

"Thank you, Daddy," you whispered, not confident in the sound of your own voice.

"Go change," he told you. "I don't want my daughter out looking like a whore."

With that, he turned and walked, throwing the dirty towel onto the floor at your feet. He flinched as he slammed the backdoor shut, closing your eyes and breathing slowly.

"Hey," Kie said as she took a few steps into your house. You opened your eyes and smiled at her. "Let's get you changed."

***

You were in the passenger seat of Kie's car when you pulled up to Pope's house.

"They're gonna resist coming," Kie said as she parked her car.

"What, resist spending all day with us out in the sun watching movies?" You scoffed, opening your side door. "No way."

Kie laughed and the two of you walked up to Pope's front door. Kie lifted her hand to knock, but you stopped her with a sly smile on your face. She pinched her eyebrows together.

You pounded on the door with your fist and deepening your voice, you called out.

"Kildare PD, open up!"

Kie shook her head and pressed her palm to her face. You laughed quietly to yourself as you heard a few swear words and bodies shuffling around. Pope finally flung the door open with a forced smile. When he saw the two of you laughing on his doorstep, his smile fell and he glared.