Ikuya Kirishima (I'm back)

"Ikuya, my parents and I will leave soon once our graduation ceremony is done. I'm really sorry. I don't even want to go but-"

(Y/N) said but has been cut by Ikuya's sudden reply.

" I know. I understand it anyway. No need to say sorry. I'm fine. Don't worry." he said but not looking at her and seems like he's about to cry.

"Ikuya-"

Just when she called to somehow calm him down, Ikuya ran away to his home. He doesn't like her to see him crying. (Y/N) end up crying a bit too.

The graduation ceremony is done but Ikuya didn't talk to (Y/N) anymore.

'It hurts.' (Y/N) thought.

A lot has happened to Ikuya's life from the day (Y/N) and her parents moved out. He gained some friends in mid-school, joined the swim club even though he's too hesitant and the friends he gained became his medley relay team too. And the conflict between him and his older brother Natsuya has straightened up too. But he's been lonely again when the relay team got disbanded and he decided to follow his brother in America.

*****

(Y/N) and her friend Satomi who also lives in Bandou have met somewhere in Kyoto where (Y/N) currently live.

"How are you, (Y/N)? You've been gone for a long time too." Satomi asked.

"I'm fine. I'm happy. Thanks for asking." (Y/N) replied.

"Oh really? Don't you miss Ikuya-kun?"  Satomi directly asked which got (Y/N) taken aback and ends up not answering at all.

"See? I was right." she said and laughed a bit.

(Y/N) never admitted anything since she doesn't even know it to herself but her friend knows and for Satomi, it's so obvious that both (Y/N) and Ikuya have feelings for each other.

'Maybe they don't realize that yet.' Satomi thought.

*****

One day, (Y/N) stands by at the open grounds of Shionezaki High School because she's waiting for Satomi to finish her swim practice. As time goes by, (Y/N) got bored and decided to walk around. As she walks to kill her boredom, she walks by the Swim Club's window and at the speed of light, she saw a boy from her past. She can never forget those dark teal hair and a pair of amber eyes that boy has.

"So... he cut his hair a bit. He became more muscular too." (Y/N) said bitterly with a soft smile on her face.

"I wonder if he has a girlfriend already..." she added and deeply sighed and walks back to the open grounds.

*****

It's almost night and Satomi is talking about how did her swim practice went but (Y/N) is somewhere in her thoughts.

"(Y/N), are you listening?" Satomi asked (Y/N).

"Huh? What is it again?" (Y/N) replied.

"You're not listening so never mind. Anyway, I saw you walking by the Swim Club earlier. Are you looking for Ikuya-kun?" Satomi straightforwardly said.

"Uhm.... yeah... maybe?" (Y/N) nervously replied.

"No need to hide it (Y/N). I know you've always wanted to talk to him from the day you came back here. I can talk to him or Hiyori-kun to meet you somewhere here in our campus and talk about whatever you wanted to say to each other." Satomi suggested.

"I don't think he wants to see me after that day I said I'll leave." (Y/N) bitterly said and sighed.

"It's fine (Y/N). Ikuya-kun was just upset and that's all. Hiyori and I can guarantee. He'll be really happy to see you once again." Satomi tries to lift (Y/N)'s confidence. (Y/N) only smiled as a reply.

*****

Satomi and Hiyori talked about how (Y/N) and Ikuya will meet because they need to check both person's schedule so that the two will have so much time to talk to each other. And when everything is set, Satomi brought (Y/N) and Hiyori brought Ikuya to the school's open grounds.

"You can do it, (Y/N). Good luck." Satomi said.

"They're here. Good luck, Ikuya." Hiyori told his friend and left with Satomi.

Ikuya and (Y/N) stared sadly at each other for a few minutes until Ikuya decided to talk first.

"Welcome back, (Y/N)." he said with tears. By hearing that, (Y/N) immediately runs to Ikuya and hugged him.

"I'm back. I'm really back, Ikuya." (Y/N) also said with tears. Ikuya hugged her tightly.

They both released from each other's hug and Ikuya gently wiped (Y/N)'s remaining tears. (Y/N) blushed like a tomato and also wiped Ikuya's tears.

"I missed you, (Y/N). I thought I won't see you again." Ikuya stated.

"I missed you too." is all (Y/N) can reply since she still can't believe this is happening. Ikuya simply smiled at her answer and...

"(Y-Y/N), this might sound too sudden but, i-is it okay if we go on dates sometimes? I-I mean, will you go out with me?" Ikuya stuttered. His cheeks are redder than (Y/N) now.

"Of course! I'd like to go on dates with you, Ikuya." Upon hearing this, he hugged (Y/N) once again. (Y/N) can't help but hug him back.

"I love you." Ikuya muttered. Almost inaudible but (Y/N) still heard so...

"I love you too, Ikuya"

*****

Extra ending

"They're so cute, Hiyori. What do you think?" Satomi asked Hiyori.

"Yeah. They are. They're so in love with each other." Hiyori answered and a small thought came to his mind.

"Uhm... Satomi." he called.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Uhm... can we also go on dates?" he asked while staring at her intently.

"Hiyori-kun..."

"I've always liked you, Satomi. Ever since. I'm sorry if -"

"No more words. I actually like you too. Let's go on dates from now on." Satomi stated with a wink and holds Hiyori's hand. Hiyori blushed and nodded.