Chapter 3

Catherine's P.O.V 
.
.
.

I woke up next to Kristen in a dark room. What the heck happened?

"Kat? Are you up?"

"Yeah, do you know where we are?"

"Nope, I've been up for I think an hour maybe and nothing has happened" just then a door opened and a woman in a deep blue jump suit walked in.

"Good you both are up"

"Why are we here? What do you want with us!?" Kristen yelled

"Nothing much, we just happen to know you girls aren't fit for our society that will be formed soon"

"What do you mean?"

"Soon we will read restarting everyone's lives, replace their memories, make them believe the life they will soon have has been that way forever" the woman said seriously and Kristen broke out into laughter as if she was a lunatic 

"I'm sorry, but this sounds like divergent"

"It's a little more complicated then that Missy"

"Oh shit you're serious"

"Yes I am, now you girls will ruin what is coming next so you will be placed somewhere else to be tested so our scientists can change the way your brains work so you can live amongst everyone"

"This seems so fake, is this like some dream we share again?"

"This is two thing that ruins things"

"Dreams and....?" I asked

"You don't have trust in us"

"Well we were kidnapped by big men who's coats said Fight For Survival then woke up in a room and now we are talking to a crazy woman who is telling us that we have to be test so that we can live in a completely different society"

"Don't forget you'll make everyone think that their lives have always been the way you'll make it" Kristen butted in and I nodded at her

"Yeah, so why should we trust you"

"I'm going to make sure that our society is better, that it becomes more, organized"

"Oh are we like divergent or something?" Kristen asked confused

"Sure"

"As long as you don't kill us I might trust you"

"Kristen don't be so stupid, she obviously can't be trusted"

"Now that I've realized it Kristen is only a threat because of you Catherine"

"Excuse me?"

"If you both never met then Kristen would have fit perfectly in a certain group"

"You should call them factions like in divergent"

"Would you shut up about that book"

"I was just saying" Kristen mumbled

"What do you mean if we never met?" I asked going back to the previous topic

"Well she would have just been, what's the word, brave, and outgoing, but since she met you, she's softer, and caring, now that's two completely different things, can't have that"

"What if I never met her?"

"Well Catherine, if you never met Kristen then you would still be in this room, just by yourself"

"I don't fit into a group?"

"No, you going into too many different groups"

"Like.....?"

"Like, you are soft and caring, but you are also very rude and sometimes daring, and you are very selfless"

"How many groups is that?"

"Three, and I can't even have someone to fit into two groups let alone three, so you're a very big threat"

"Well if she's a threat and I'm a threat, why not let us live somewhere else?"

"We can't lose anyone, there are more of you, it's not just the two of you"

"How many are there of us?"

"There are over one hundred of you, now do you really think we want to lose that many people?"

"I feel like this is some sick twisted joke Matt and Taylor pulled off"

"No, they are at home sleeping, while there parents are being tested to be put into a group for their whole family"

"Will we ever see them again?" I asked and was surprised to hear my voice was so small

"Once Kristen's memory of you is gone and we alternate your brain Catherine so you fit only in one group then yes"

"What!!?" Kristen and I yelled at the lady but she just turned on her heels and walked to the door

"See you both in the morning"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■♢■
Hope you liked the third chapter! The next one will be out soon! Thanks for reading!

Follow
Comment
Vote