Prologue

There was a storm that night which fit the mood for what was about to come. Jordan was waiting for Mark to come over so she could tell him about her move to Seattle. She knew it would hurt him but she needed to do this for herself. When Jordan and Mark met he was instantly attracted to her like most men were. From her bright blue eyes that would pull you in, her thick brown curls that framed her face perfectly, to her plump kissable lips and don't even get him started on her body. But she had heard the stories from Derek already and was pretty adamant about not falling for the man's charm and she didn't.

They became fast friends, they were close, closer than him and Derek even. He felt like he could be himself around her and she felt the same about him. That's why she knew telling him about her move across the country would devastate him, he had strong abandonment issues and he had grown attached to her over the years.

Thunder struck in the distance, setting the mood of the conversation and making Jordan even more nervous and Mark could tell. It wasn't to often they both had the night off on the same day so they often spent them together.

"What's up with you tonight Em?" Mark asked using the nickname he made up for her. It was the first sound of her last name, she thought it was cute when he fist said it to the young girl. She could barley believe they only met  two years ago she felt like it had been a lifetime ago, she was 23 then now she was 25 and ready for a change. She paused the movie they were watching as she turned to face him.

"Mark," she sighed preparing for the look of hurt to cross his face. "I got a job offer from Seattle Grace Hospital a couple weeks ago to be their head of OB and fetal surgery and I took it, I leave in a week." Mark said nothing as he got off her bed and began putting his shoes on. She called his name multiple times but he never responded. He was in a daze, she was his bestfriend and she was about to leave him. The only thing he could think to do was go to  his other friend, Derek.

But when he got to the Shepherd house Derek wasn't there it was only Addison, so he did the other thing Mark does to cope with his feelings.

Sex.

With his best friend's wife. The only thing was thinking of was Jordan, she was leaving him, like everyone else and it hurt.

He barely registered it when Derek caught him with his wife. He just slowly got dressed and snuck out the back door.

Jordan arrived at the Shepherd's brownstone and Derek let her in he looked emotionless and asked her to hep him pack and she did. Addison was crying in the background begging him not to leave, she didn't listen she just packed up his things.

She couldn't hep but fill slightly guilty, she had hurt Mark and this is how he lashed out. Derek had known about her move to Seattle  for a couple of days now and asked her to call Richard, the hospital had an opening as Chief of Neurosurgery and he took it. Jordan cancelled her flight for next week and booked one for the morning. Her and Derek were off to Seattle to start a new chapter of their lives, leaving Addison and Mark behind. For now.

A/N:

Please remember to vote and comment! Thanks for reading!!