Idk a thing ig

This is something that has just been sitting in my notes soo imma put it here Bc I need some motivation to start writing again :)

He stood just short of where the water met the sand, careful not to get too close. He never liked to get his feet wet. He closed his eyes and breathed in the cool, salty air and felt the last moments of sunlight spread across his skin before completely slipping behind the horizon. He shivered.
When he opened his eyes, there was someone else with him, his head tiled slightly with flecks of curiosity shining in his eyes. He looked to be no older than seventeen.
They stared at each other for what seemed like eternity, studying each other, one in curiosity, the other in confusion. Finally, the boy offered a small hand and a bright smile, replacing the recently set sun. The taller took it.
A small, gentle wave crashed and swept just under their ankles.

After that, they both met up after sunset and strolled down the barren beach together until dark at the thin seem that sewed the land and sea together, the shorter boy always walking closer to the shore.
The taller was still afraid to get his feet wet, but the wet sand didn't bother him as much when the shorter was around.

"What is your name?" The shorter asked one day.
But the taller could not understand him. He just kept rolling his thumb over the soft, tan skin of the shorter boy's hand and took a deep breath of the sea air. The shorter did not mind. He gripped the taller' hand a little tighter.

The next day, the shorter seemed sad. The usual slight grin on his face was no longer present, but replaced with an indifferent line.
The taller did not know what to do about it. They knew almost nothing about each other. So he did what he knew.

He sang.

The shorter took pleasure of the other's melodious voice mixing with the natural sound of the sea.
Even if it was just for a few seconds, he saw the shorter's dazzling smile. He felt proud.

"I have to leave soon," He said.
But the taller could not understand him.

After a few days, the shorter seemed to get more and more upset. Until finally,

He didn't show up.

The taller looked for him until the moon was at its highest peak in the sky, but the shorter was nowhere to be found.
A violent wave washed over his feet, splashing little droplets of brine on his cheeks, mixing with those already there.

After countless days of sitting and waiting at the shore, the taller grew tired.
Tired of watching the sun slip under the horizon. Tired of watching the waves crashing endlessly, one after the other in a continuous cycle that waited for nothing and nobody. Tired of the feeling of wet sand between his toes.

Sick of the salty sea air.

After one week, the taller was finally too tired to come back.

So he never did.
And neither did the shorter.

Well that was unnecessarily angsty. See y'all soon hopefully 😌