Chapter 22

"Are you OK, Paige?” Louis asks, concern evident in his accented voice. 

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,” I smile, used to this kind of occurrence already. “Are you going to whisk me away anytime soon? I don’t really want to miss my Mum’s wedding.” 

“Right, as long as you’re OK,” Louis forces a smile, but his mind is still obviously clouded with doubt. 

“Louis, I’m fine, I promise,” I assure. I smile through the pain my head is emitting, knowing this is what he wanted to hear, and I’d do anything to make him happy, especially in these last hours. 

“Well then- shall we?” He holds out his arm and I interlace our arms together. 

“We shall.” 

Bobby was already standing at the alter when we arrived in the archway. Denis and Greg were walking down the aisle. Denise was wearing a similar dress, in a soft baby blue, and Greg was dressed sharply in a black tux, with a white rose. Niall was dressed identical to his brother, also in a black tux, and with a white rose. Niall held out his arm for me to take, and Louis handed me off to my soon-to-be step-brother. 

“Make a wish,” Niall whispered in my ear.

“I wish to always be your little sister,” I reply. “Make a wish.” 

“I wish to always have you by my side, as my little sister.” He smiles down at me, and memories of our past flash before my eyes. “Are you ready?” 

“I’ve been ready for this since we were in pre-K.” And, arm in arm, we walk down the aisle to the traditional wedding music. He kisses my cheek, before walking to stand beside Greg and Bobby, and I go to stand beside Denise. 

The music falters, and everyone rises from their chairs, and my mum in all her heavenly glory, walks down the aisle, one foot in front of the other. I glance quickly over to Bobby, to see his eyes shining with undeniable happiness and pride. His mouth open and closed like a gold fish, and his hand shook slightly, as he held on to the white rose he was waiting to give to her. 

My mum reaches the alter, her train swirling underneath her, looking as though it was edited. Her wedding dress was a light cream, as she insisted that she could not wear white, as she was no longer ‘innocent’ and this was her second marriage. It was a simple A-shaped dress, strapless with light beading in the centre of her chest. She seemed to make the most simple of things into the most extravagant. 

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here tonight to join this man, and this woman in holy matrimony. Bobby, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in (holy) matrimony, to love her, to honour her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.” 

“Annabelle, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in (holy) matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" 

“I do.” 

“The vows please,” the priest asks, and I hand him the small leather bound notebooks where their vows were written. 

Bobby clears his throat, before starting; “ I will kill the spiders. I will share my fries when you’ve finished all yours, and are still hungry. I will never be rude to your stomach when I hear it growl and gurgle. I promise to bend down and reply respectfully. I will eat the mushrooms when we order the supreme pizza. I’ll try my hardest not to get annoyed when you whisper question and comments during the movie. I will not make you make me a sandwich. I will be the big spoon. I will love Paige as though she was my own. I will hold your hand. I will love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.” 

“I am so blessed to have met you all those years ago, because in you, I’ve found the love of my life, and my closest, truest, friend. I vow to be your lady. I vow to give you the very best of myself. I vow to respect you as your own person. I vow to love your sons as though they are my sons, and I vow to love Denise, equally. I vow not to keep score, even if I am totally winning, which I always will be. I vow to hold your hand. I vow to love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.” 

“Place this ring on her finger, and repeat after me; I give you this ring as a token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love.”

“I give you this ring, as a token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love.” Bobby repeats. The priest asks the same of my Mum, and she complies. 

“By virtue the authority vested in me under the laws of Westmeath Mullingar, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” 

Bobby wraps his arms around my Mum and brings her in for the most passionate kiss I’ve ever seen. People stand and cheer, and they pull away, and they head towards the door. I watch as the world spins around them, and my mind goes blank. The last thing I hear is someone desperately calling out my name, as I hit the floor. 

A/N DON’T HATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M TRYING!!!!!!!!! I’m so so so so so sorry it took this long, and for such a short chapter, but I couldn’t find the right words! I’m sorry! I hope you enjoy this though! I will try to update soon, promise! Please vote and comment, and check out my new book! It’s not a fan fiction, but it is kinda based on a true story! It’s called 101!   Love you all!!!!!!!

-H