part 18: us

We just finished work and Jaemin drove us to his parents' house.

We came in front of the door and Jaemin was about to knock but I stopped him.

"Wait! I'm so nervous!" I said, holding his hand and bouncing.

"You're so cute! Relax! My parents are good people." Jaemin smiled.

Then he knocked and his mother opened the door.

"Oh, hi kids! Welcome!" she said, smiling and signaling us to come inside.

We stepped inside and his mother hugged Jaemin and introduced herself.

"Hello, I'm Jaemin's mother, Minyoung."she said and shook my hand.

"Hello, I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." I smiled.

We entered the living room and his dad was sitting at a dining table.

"Hello, kids." he said and hugged his son.

"I'm Jaemin's father, Kwanho." he said and shook my hand.

"I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." I smiled.

Once we were seated Jaemin's mother started the conversation.

"So..Y/N, you're my son's girlfriend?" she said looking at me, curiously.

"Yeah, but we're still best friends." I smiled, nervously.

"Oh, I understand. That's because you want to stay friends even if you break up, right?" she said.

"Yes, that's right, miss." I said, glancing at Jaemin who was laughing.

"So you two went to college together?" his father asked.

"Yes, we did. That's where I met him." I smiled, glancing at Jaemin, who was smiling as well.

"Son, now tell me, what made you think you want to date your best friend?" his father said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well...I always loved here in some type of way, she's always been there for me and we hung out together, a lot, I realized I love her, but we're keeping this relationship more on the friendship side." Jaemin said.

"Oh, I see. That's maybe the best, if you want to keep your friendship." his father smiled.

"Now, Y/N, why do you like my son? He's a weird kid. How did you become friends?" his mother asked and Jaemin laughed.

"Yes, he's weird, but so am I. We are similar, we noticed that while hanging out with our other friends. I liked him from the moment I saw him being all goofy and playful, but also kind hearted and good boy." I smiled and his mother's eyes were sparkling and she smiled.

"Wow, Y/N, you really are something special, like my son have said." she smiled softly.

"Thank you, miss, I really appreciate it." I smiled.

"You really said that?" I whispered to Jaemin.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. Just curious." I said and Jaemin smiled.

"Yeah, sure." Jaemin said and grinned.

"Miss Minyoung, can you tell me some funny stories about Jaemin's childhood." I asked curiously.

"Oh, sure dear." Minyoung smiled.

"Mom, please don't! I'll be mad, I won't eat your food anymore!" Jaemin insisted.

"My son, you'll eventually come back to me. You are a bad cook and nobody else will make you dinner. Not even Y/N." Minyoung said, shushing Jaemin.