o. ONESHOT.

HATTIE'S NOTES!as i'm taking down my oneshot book, i figured i would leave this with you all since you seemed to enjoy it! <3 this is set when both violet and stan are younger, just after stan's mum left

HATTIE'S NOTES!
as i'm taking down my oneshot book, i figured i would leave this with you all since you seemed to enjoy it! <3 this is set when both violet and stan are younger, just after stan's mum left.

the timid knock came at violet's window at eleven; late at night for a twelve year old. yet, the girl was a light sleeper— a force of habit after being friends with stanley barber for over four years— so she woke hurriedly and clambered over to her bedroom window, sliding the latch so it fell open. pushing her short brown locks behind her ears, violet offered a hand to help a tear-stained stanley barber climb through. the pair sat down on violet's bed, and instantly, the girl's hands ran over stan's cheeks, wiping the tears from his face. "what's happened, stanley?" vi whispered, trying not to wake her younger brother, toby, who was sleeping soundly in the next bed across. "my—my m-mom..." the boy stammered, shaking his head in an attempt to stop the salty tears from falling. "sh-she's g-gone." "where's she gone, stan?" vi asked, her hands folding around stanley's as she tried to comfort him in the quiet darkness. "n-no. she's g-gone for good." the boy sniffed, more tears creating hot streaks down his face. "my d-dad, he hit her again. s-so she left, just like s-she said she would, and— and now i-it's just me and h-him, and i don't know what to do." "oh," violet responded smally, before wrapping her arms around stan's shoulders and pulling him into a tight hug, resting her chin upon his soft curls. "i-i'm sorry, stanners." the two kids sat together in the darkness, violet's arms wrapped tightly around her best friend as the boy continued to cry silently, so as to not wake toby. after five minutes, small hiccups began to escape from stanley's mouth as he tried to speak. "i-i miss her so much, vi. and— and i don't know if she's going to come b-back. tell me she's gonna come b-back, v-vi." the girl inhaled heavily before responding, ruffling a hand through her messy hair. "i wish i could tell you that, stan. but i can't." confused, stan pulled away from her hug, his eyes narrowed and bloodshot, his eyebrows high. "i can't promise you things if i don't know they're true." violet continued, her hands still tracing the tears down stan's face. "because i don't know if your mum's gonna come back, stanny. mine didn't. but i do know that i'm not going anywhere." the boy's wet eyes lifted so he was looking at violet, who had a slight frown resting on her face. her big brown eyes watched him, filled with sympathy in love as his tears began to dry. "you're always gonna have me. and you're always gonna have carter, and toby, even though they're asleep right now." a low laugh bubbled from stanley's mouth unexpectedly, as the pair turned to face a sleeping toby, who snored lightly. "w-we should probably sleep, too." stan managed, and violet nodded, pulling her duvet back and making space for stan in the bed. "can i stay here?" "of course, stanners." the girl insisted, laying her head on her pillow, as stan did the same. "i don't know what's gonna happen, stanley, but i know you'll be alright." the girl reassured, and stan nodded. "i love you, vi." "i love you too, stan." violet smiled, pressing a small kiss to the end of stan's nose. "now goodnight."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐘, stanley barber 🎉