12. ALEXIS

I would do anything for you. I will always be there for you. Today, tomorrow and every single day after that.

3RD MARCH 2020

"What kind of things does she like?"

"Jewellery, I think. Don't girls like jewellery?" Caylus shrugged and I rolled my eyes. He had just stereotyped every single female out there.

We were walking through the mall, looking for something special and meaningful to gift Taylor as a birthday gift. Sure, it probably would've been more meaningful if he was able to find the perfect gift for his girlfriend by himself, but that didn't seem possible anytime soon, especially not within the short period of time that was left before they were meeting up later that evening.

"If we're going for jewellery, then we should go to a jeweller." I grinned when he sighed at my logic.

Caylus may hate shopping, but he hated jewellery shopping even more. He always complained that spending so much time in a shop just to come out with something so small wasn't worth it, but I failed to agree.

"Let's go to Tiffany and Co. It's only over there." I dragged him towards the shop in question.

I smiled politely and dismissed the sales assistant when she approached us. We didn't have much time and couldn't afford to waste any more time speaking to the sales assistant, especially because Caylus was very confused as it already was.

"What exactly do you want to gift her?" I asked, my eyes lingering on some pretty, dainty necklaces that were on display. They were flashy and would be a great gift for anyone, but it didn't feel quite right.

"I don't know. Something special." He brushed a hand through his hair, pulling at it slightly in frustration. "I want something that she can wear every day. Something that reminds her of me when she looks at it."

I turned to look at him, suddenly finding it difficult to swallow. He chuckled. "I know. Sappy, right?"

"No," I denied. "Not sappy at all. In fact, I think it's sweet." Turning back to the necklaces, I spared them one last glance before heading towards some other glass cabinets on the other side of the store.

Numerous charm bracelets were arranged wonderfully, each and every one of them twinkling as they caught the light. "I think a charm bracelet would be the perfect gift for Taylor." I mused aloud, my hands trailing over the glass as I took the time to study and each and every one of them, looking for the perfect one.

A charm bracelet was a wonderful idea. Caylus could get her a new charm whenever something special or an event occurred. More than a gift and the hefty price tag that it was worth, it was symbolic. It meant something. As the years passed, this bracelet would signify all their special moments and their love for each other.

It was infinite; a token of their love.

"A charm bracelet?" He echoed.

I spared him a teasing smile. "You know what a charm bracelet is, don't you?"

Caylus scoffed and nudged my shoulder gently. "Of course, I know what a charm bracelet is. What do you take me for?" He scratched his head and looked away from me. "It's one of those bracelets that have those sweet charms on them. You bite them off the bracelet without breaking any of the other edible charms." He dazed out for a minute. "They sure are tasty, but I don't think it's an appropriate birthday present. Plus, I don't think we can get any here." He gestured to the store around him.

A cough escaped me and when that didn't work, I raised my hand to cover my mouth and the laugh that threatened to escape. "As if I would recommend that you buy candy for your girlfriend as a birthday gift." I tabbed on the cabinet in front of my with my nails to direct his attention towards them. "These are charm bracelets. It's basically a normal bracelet but you can add charms to them, perhaps for special or important occasions."