Notice to my Readers

To my readers,

In light of the events of the past few weeks, I've come to the realization that I need to be a better ally and advocate in the world. One place where I've decided to take action is within my writing. I have always tried to put difficult themes into my books (such as topics of mental health, grief, and abuse) but many of my characters have always tended to look like me (and by that I mean a lot of my main characters are white). From now until forever, I am COMMITTED to having more diversity in my writing, particularly among my main characters.

Books have always been a prominent part of my life but I have never struggled to find myself in a story. There are plenty of novels about white, straight individuals like me. I want to write books that emulate the world I live in.So, this is where I am asking for help from my readers and followers. I want to hear about what YOU want to see in a character or plotline. If you have ever struggled to find yourself in a book, whether that be because of the colour of your skin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or otherwise, send me a message and I PROMISE that we will start a dialogue that culminates in a character in one of my books where you can find yourself.

And in the meantime, I swear to better myself and do as I have said in the cover header of my profile which is to write a story worth telling.

DB <3