the ball (vol 1)

Today was a big day, or so her annoying father said.

The ball, that he had been talking about for months, was finally here. Apparently, it was a celebration in his mergence with Mr. Song, Yuqi's father.

Speaking of Yuqi, Minnie decided to just listen to Soojin.

Soojin was right, it didn't make sense to feel upset about something that she didn't know the answer to. Minnie figured that she would just let loose, and have a fun time with the Chinese native.

She checked the clock, 5:45 pm. She had exactly fifteen minutes before Yuqi and her father would arrive at her house. The two families would be taking a limo together to the hotel, where they would be staying for a night.

The ball was a one night special event; it was a great way for people to enjoy themselves, and to meet possible coworkers and collaborators.

Minnie looked at herself in the mirror, admiring the nicely fit dress. It was a royal red dress, that matched her black banged hair. (Minnie in LION era)

"Nicha! Get down here!" Her father shouted, and Minnie rolled her eyes.

"Please let this go well." Minnie wished, and then followed her way down the stairs, to Yuqi, who stood at the entrance with her mouth slightly agape.

Yuqi could only stare at Minnie as she walked down the stairs, she looked so beautiful, so ethereal.

"Hi, Yuqi." Minnie smiled, while Yuqi gulped, Minnie's voice drawing her back into reality, not before leaving her body in shutters.

"Hi--hey--uh." Yuqi stuttered, while Minnie laughed, surprised at the effect she had on the younger girl.

"You look really pretty, Yuqi." Minnie breathed out, now she was stunned. Yuqi's lilac purple dress fit her so perfectly, with her matching black hair.

"Thank you." Yuqi smiled softly, her face tinting a little shade of pink.

Their bubble was interrupted by none other than their fathers, who were being obnoxiously loud, shaking hands and slapping each other on the back.

"Ugh, men." Minnie thought.

"You girls look great together!" Mr. Song smiled, sneaking a short glance towards his daughter, who's blush multiplied. Yuqi glared back at him a little, while Mr. Song smirked. Teasing his daughter was always fun.

"Hey, Minnie. Do you happen to have a polaroid camera?" Mr. Song asked, while Minnie nodded, slightly confused.

"Do you think you could grab it, if you don't mind?" Mr. Song asked again, to Minnie, who nodded again, and ran upstairs.

Minnie's father had left to go get the cash for the limo, so now it was just Yuqi and her father, who still had a wide smirk on his face.

"Dad! She's gonna know!" Yuqi whispered to her father, glaring at him, while he laughed.

"That's the whole point, sweetie. I can't sit here and watch this when the both of you clearly like each other and are too dumb to understand that. Do something interesting tonight, will you?

I admire your dedication to becoming a great student but you're also in high school, Qi. It's fine to have some fun. Besides, I totally ship it!" Her father smiled, and Yuqi had no words. How was she supposed to respond to that?

Minnie came back with the camera, and Mr. Song let out a guttural laugh, pointing towards Minnie for Yuqi to stand.

"Smile!" Mr. Song clapped, as he took two identical polaroid photos, handing one of each to the two girls.