Prologue

Carli Weinstein is like any other girl.

Except when it comes to living in Oceanside, she's actually not.

Carli is a victim of bullying.

Her parents don't pay much attention to her, to know what's going on with her. They are too busy with their fairly paying jobs to even take notice of little old Carli. They don't even know much about her, let alone know she's there half of the time. Carli always tries to impress her parents with her grades and seeks their approval just to get their attention.

Carli is a very sweet girl who loves nature and also loves to draw. She's known to be a big nerd, but in her head she sees that as a good thing. She's also very determined when she puts her mind to something, as well as kind hearted.

She's also the type of girl who likes to blend in with the crowd.

There is one person who stands in the way of this, his name is Blake Debou. He's the captain of the football team and the most popular boy in the whole entire school. He flirts with all the girls and after he's done with them he always leaves them hanging in the end. He's a total show off, and the biggest jerk that lives in Oceanside.

Day in and day out, Carli constantly has to deal with Blake's endless teasing and cruelty. Blake and his friends see it as all fun and games, but on the inside Carli is constantly hurting and left humiliated.

What happens when Carli and Blake are forced to become lab partners?

Will Carli continue to take Blake's constant abuse or will she stand up to him?