Chapter 1

Jax's POV

I was in the 107th along with Bucky Barnes, my best friend. Bucky was fighting with his team while our other friend, Steve Rogers, was home because he was suitable for the Army due to his asthma, not like Bucky would let him anyways. He only allowed me to join because he knew I could handle myself with a team and I was already trained to fight. 

It was a hot, but cloudy, day when our general gathered us all. "I am sorry to announce that-" He took a deep breathe before continuing, letting us all think for the worse. "The team lead by Lieutenant James Barnes has been announced MIA." At that last word the general walked back to his tent. My heart dropped when I heard that my best friend was gone. 

The days went on and no one was sent out to search for them, even though we knew where they were probably being kept. The only news we heard everyday was the "Captain America" performances. No one understood why he was such a big deal to people. He isn't fighting, so what is he doing? Guess we were about to find out because he was coming here.

The next day, we were all gathered in front of the stage for the "performance of Captain America". I was in the back, hoping no one would notice that I wasn't paying attention. I heard the man, known as Captain America, speak and instantly recognized it. Steve?? Was all I thought as my head shot up, causing my blonde hair, which was long on my right side, to fall into my face. As I pushed my hair out of my face, I saw a strongly built man standing on stage wearing a stupid outfit, but he had the voice and look of my best friend. We weren't gone that long, were we? I instantly got up and started walking towards the back of the stage, not caring if anyone saw me or cared. I waited on the stairs until the men booed him off. Steve walked down the stairs and looked like he almost had a heart attack when he saw me glaring at him. "Steve what did you do and what did it cost." I demanded an answer from him. He only sighed as he sat down beside me. "Why didn't they tell me this was the 107th?" He shook his head as he looked off into the rain. "It was a super soldier thing, it cost me nothing. They chose me." Steve took a breath as he looked over at me. "Where's Bucky?" I looked away from him as he said that, knowing that we weren't getting him back anytime soon. "Jax. Where is Bucky?!" Steve sounded more worried as I stared at the ground. "MIA. His whole team was announced MIA the other day." I softly said as I continued studying the ground. "They know where they are. They just aren't doing anything." It was that statement that made Steve stand up. "I'm going to bring him home. Whatever it takes." I sighed, knowing there was no stopping him, but also knowing that he wouldn't be able to go under the general's command and therefore wouldn't have a team. "Steve, he won't let you. You won't have a team." Steve started walking towards the general's tent. "Who said I needed a team?" This idiot.

Steve made me stay behind as he went on his own to save the team, leaving me worrying at the camp. It was days after that I saw the whole camp move to the entrance. I jogged over, pushing my way through the crowd to see what was happening. "Bucky." I whispered as he locked eyes with me. Everyone was cheering as I pushed through into the open area, where Bucky was already moving towards me. "Bucky. Bucky, don't ever scare me like that again." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck, having to reach up because of our height difference. I clung to him, fearing that if I let go, he may be gone. "I'm here, Jaxie, I'm here." Bucky used my nickname as he kept his arms around me. "Let's hear it for Captain America!" One of the guys yelled as the rest of the men, except me and Bucky, cheered. 

Over the next few days, Steve and Peggy planned about how they were going to attack the rest of the HYDRA bases. He kept saying that he only got a glimpse of the map, but proceeded to list off every base. They let Steve lead the team of men that he saved, including me, to fight through the bases. He called the team The Howling Commandos. We finished the last base and were at the top of a mountain, ready to zipline onto a train that was heading quickly to the Red Skull. Me, Bucky, Steve and Gabe were the only ones going down. Me, Bucky and Steve stood at the edge of the mountain, waiting for the train to come. We joked about our past, Bucky even talked about Coney Island. "Jaxie. If anything happens to you. Remember that if we go down...we go down together." Bucky struggled to get the words out, thinking of the worse. "Cause I'm with you till the end of the line." Bucky referred to both me and Steve. The first part was only between me and Bucky, but the other was shared between all three of us. 

When the train got there, we all ziplined down one after another. I was behind Bucky and Steve with Gabe after me. We fought our way through the train, trying to get to the controls. There was some sort of turret after us, trying to shoot us down. I was behind a shelf when Bucky grabbed Steve's new shield, holding it up as he shot at the thing, but it shot back, pushing Bucky back and breaking the train's side, leaving him hanging on the side over a 500+ foot drop, with the shield on the ground of the train. Steve picked up his shield, throwing it at the fighter, ending it as I ran to Bucky. I climbed out on the side, reaching for Bucky but failing. I moved closer as I saw the bar start to slip. I was almost able to grab him before the bar broke, right before the metal I was standing on snapped. I looked up, hearing Bucky's screams from below me as he fell. I saw Steve against the side of the train, his hand still reaching out for us. I looked down, seeing Bucky close to the ground. My sudden movement caused my body to move towards the rock, catching my right arm on one. My momentum caused it to break. I screamed out in pain as we came close to the bottom, I knew that the break wouldn't be fixable. 

I laid in the snow with Bucky only a few feet away from me, his left arm gone and blood trailed behind it. I reached out for his right hand with my left, grabbing it as I pushed towards him using my feet, leaving a small trail of my own blood behind. "How are you alive?" Bucky said softly as he held onto my hand. "Long story. Hydra did something to you didn't they?" My voice became softer as I talked about Hydra. "Yea." Sadness laced Bucky's words as he hissed in pain, feeling where his arm would have been against the ground. I grabbed Bucky's hand tighter as we heard footsteps approach us. The last thing I remembered was a Hydra soldier walking over to us.

I woke up to hydra soldiers injecting something into my left arm. I wasn't strapped down to anything, but everyone avoided my left side. I looked to my left, the first thing I saw was Bucky. He was strapped down to a chair but wasn't fighting. The second thing I noticed was that me and Bucky both had metal arms, both marked with red stars that matched a red, leather book that sat on a table beside Bucky. "Put him on ice when you're done." The doctor gestured to me before returning his focus to Bucky. I looked back at the soldier who just pulled the needle out of my arm. I raised my metal arm, moving the fingers and turning my wrist. It felt like it was connected to me from the nerves. It also felt so much stronger. I grabbed the soldier with the needle using my metal arm. I wrapped my fingers around his neck, hoping I could escape. I was only met with more soldiers, who pinned me down to the table. They dragged me over to vertical coffin like container after the doctor nodded. I threw me in and turned some handle. The box became cold quickly and the window began to ice over. I felt my whole body loose motion and everything went black.

A/N: I have way too many story ideas, so, sorry if other books don't update for a while at a time. I will try to get at least one update for each book out every week if possible. Suggestions are always welcome. If, for some odd reason, you want to use my character Jax in anything, just ask me before doing so ^^