Chapter 2

TW: Shooting, assassination, death, torture

Jax's POV

When I woke up after being in the ice, I was in a chair, strapped down with leather with a machine above me. To my left, I saw Bucky. He wasn't strapped down and he was listening to HYDRA giving him commands. I opened my mouth to yell out to Bucky, but a mouth guard was forced into my mouth. I was only able to let out a small whining noise, which caused Bucky to look over. His eyes met mine before my face was grabbed by a doctor and forced to stay centered. When our eyes met, it was like he never saw me before. There was no emotion in his eyes at all. The machine moved around, eventually making its way above my face and moved downward. The small spikes on the inside sparked with electricity as it moved downwards. When it finally closed on me, it covered one of my eyes and felt like it was shocking me. I felt myself forgetting memories that I thought I would never forget. It felt like they were being put behind a wall in my mind. They were still there, but I couldn't get to them. I bit down on the rubber in my mouth as I screamed in pain from the electricity moving through me.

When the machine stop, one soldier started talking, reading from a book. The words were random, and in Russian, but they turned something inside my head. I felt like I knew them, and that was all I knew. After the words were finished, I felt like I was there soldier, and always had been. "Ready to comply." I responded to his "good morning" with a phrase that I knew so well, but unsure from where it came. He gave me a mission. I had to kill one person without being seen. If I was spotted, take down the person who spotted me. If that was impossible, I was to hide my identity and escape with no followers. I was given weapons, such as bombs, hand guns, knives, and a sniper. I was to do this mission alone.

My team dropped me off in front of a building, there weren't many people inside of it, but it was tall. I opened the back door, making my way through the building to the roof without being spotted by anyone. My sniper was on my back, held on by magnet like clips. Once I walked through the door onto the roof, I crouched down, making sure that no one would see me. I reached over my shoulder with my metal arm, grabbing my sniper from the clips, bringing it back over my shoulder. I got down into an army crawl, making my way to the edge of the roof. I rested my arm on the concrete edge of the building and used my scope to find my target. 

I followed a man with my scope. He was a white male, dark hair and blue eyes. He walked this way every wednesday wearing the same thing. A dark grey suit with a red tie. I watched as the lazer from my gun fell on his head. I listened to my heartbeat, slowing it down as I aimed. I took a breath and pulled the trigger, right between my heart beats. I watched as the bullet traveled through the air, hitting the man directly in the head. I moved my sniper onto the roof, trying not to be seen by anyone. I got up and walked back to the door, throwing the sniper over my shoulder and onto the clips. The gun had strap, but the clips held it in place. 

There was an all black armored van waiting for me at the back of the building. A soldier opened the door for me as the ambulance sirens started closing in along with the police. I sat down on the bench of the van. The soldier reached forward and took off my mask, allowing me to speak to him. "Mission report?" The soldier asked, looking me in the eyes as he spoke. "Successful." I responded, knowing my job. "Perfect." The soldier smiled as he spoke. "You are a gift, soldier." I gave him no emotion, knowing that this was my job and my mission. The van began driving as soon as we closed the sliding doors. 

The next day was was another mission. It was on a woman. They called her Black Widow. I was told to be careful with this one, as the Avengers were likely to get involved. I was also told to only kill her and none of the others. If I was being rushed by the others or I was spotted I was told to get out as fast as possible and not to let them capture me. "Understood." I spoke clearly and with demand. They put my mask on and gave me my glasses as I stood up from the chair. 

We got to the building of choice. It was shorter that the other and would be harder to hide from the main street, but I didn't argue. I got out of the truck, my sniper already on my back. I made my way up rusty stairs on the side of the building, quickly making it to the top. I stayed low as I moved to the edge of the building. I saw my target. She was with the Avengers as they were called. They were all in uniform for some reason, except Tony Stark and a few others. I ignored the fact that they were in uniform and got my gun out. I placed it on the edge of the building and began aiming for Widow. Captain America talked to the others before moving away from them. Great, one less to worry about. I focused on my heartbeat and breathing before pulling the trigger. I watched my bullet move through the air straight for her stomach. I aimed there to make it look like I didn't know how to shoot, but it would definitely kill her. The bullet was halfway when someone pulled her to the side. My bullet hit her side, right above her waist. Damnit.

 I shook my head as I stood up, moving to the center of the roof, wanting to recollect myself before finishing her, didn't want to mess this up. I moved back towards the edge but heard the door open from behind me. I stood up, dropping my gun, causing it to swing on the strap. "Yea, I wouldn't do that if I were you." I turned around to see Captain America standing on the roof in front of me. So that's where that bitch went. I stepped backwards, my escaped plan already planned out in my head. I let my foot fell the edge of the roof as Captain America moved towards me. "You have no place to go now. It's over." He spoke confidently as he came closer. He was about 3 feet away when I set my plan in motion. I reached my hand out, motioning for him to stop as I lowered my head. I stretched my shoulders as I brought my powers from deep within me. I felt as 2 raven wings appeared through my leather suit, they had made two cuts for my wings to slide through. Captain America looked surprised to say the least as I stepped off the roof, flipping over in mid air, allowing my wings to catch me. I looked back, seeing Captain America looking at my from the edge of the roof. I flew straight before turning and heading back to meet up with the team, making sure I was above anyone's line of sight.

Cap's POV

"Cap, what the hell was that?" I Tony talking over the comms. "I have no idea. Have Fury look at video surveillance from this area though." I said as I stared out at the....creature. As it flew, it looked back at me, probably making sure no one was following it. I made my way off the roof, meeting up with the rest of the team who was caring for Nat. The bullet had hit her side and she was bleeding out. A shield car pulled up beside us with Fury and Hill in it, telling us to get in the shield cars. We all piled into the 4 cars and made our way back to the facility. 

A/N: sorry for not updating my stories that much lately in general, I will try to update more frequently for now on....TRY. Also, let me know if you are liking this story ^^