Valid! - MTF!Natsuki x Fem!Reader (TF4F Romance)

Note: This is based on the headcanon of Natsuki being a trans girl!!

The literature club looked empty, save for the girl with pink hair sitting in the corner. You were a bit annoyed that Sayori, Monika, and Yuri tricked you into coming on a day that it would only be both of you. As much as you loved them, they could be a bit overbearing with this sort of thing. They were always sticking their nose into situations that, frankly, wasn't any of their business. Natsuki never seemed to like you. She was always bullying you and complaining that you annoyed her. You couldn't do much about it, though; your dad already knew that he would have to pick you up later than usual because you had a club to go to. Begrudgingly, you sat and the other side of the table and took out your book.

Slowly, however, your focus started drifting over to what Natsuki was doing. The book you'd chosen wasn't exactly the best, which you should have known from the beginning. As much as you love her, Sayori has never had the best taste in books. She typically goes for the happy, slice-of-life books with deeper meanings while you would prefer comic books with cool pictures and action scenes. However, you had even more of a surprise when you saw what the other girl was reading. It was a cutsie manga about baking! Even if she does have a cutsie appearance, you never would have guessed that was her cup of tea.

"What are you staring at?" Natsuki demanded, putting her book down with puffed out cheeks, "You act like you've never seen manga before. It's literature just like your stupid book is!"

"I was staring at you, stupid," You huffed, rolling your eyes a little. You thought that was obvious.

Natsuki got embarrassed and scowled a little, growling, "Well, stop it. You're making me uncomfortable!!" She glared indignantly, crossing her arms over her chest with an annoyed expression.

"Shut up, Natsuki. I really don't care," You spat back, scoffing glaring daggers at her. Did she really think she was going to boss you around like that? You were done being half bullied by her. She got a look of hurt on her face as you turned away from her, grabbing your book to try and read. You heard her chair scoot back against the tiles and felt relieved; maybe she was going to leave, and you could be on your own in peace. That, however, was not what happened.

Natsuki marched over to your chair, eyes narrowed as she stood in front of you. "I'll make you care, butthead!" She spat. Butthead..? Is this girl serious?

"What're you gonna do, Natsuki? Yell at me some more? Throw a fit and kick my kneecaps? You don't scare me. You're just being annoying and acting like a brat, so I don't understand what you expect me to do for you," You spat, turning away from her. She followed you again, this time having tears pricking at her eyes.

"Maybe if you were nicer and started acting like the cute girl I see instead of a huge jerk, I wouldn't be as mean!" She snapped, her face going red as she turned away from her. Wait... Did Natsuki just call you cute? That was new. Maybe you heard wrong; maybe she misspoke.

"Did you just try to say I was cute without it coming out?" You gape, jaw dropped a little. She was once so cold, but now she was blushing like crazy and seeming extremely embarrassed with herself.

"Um, kind of? No. I mean, yeah, I did! Do you have a problem with that?" Natsuki demanded.

You stayed silent for a minute before cocking an eyebrow. "So, the mean act. You're just acting mean because you're trying to cover up the fact that you like me? Don't they have a word for that in anime and manga?" You questioned, pointing back to the book on her desk.

"Tsundere," Natsuki blurted out, before scowling, "It's not just because I like you, though. It's because I know you'll never like me back. I'm a girl, and I'm trans.." She glared at you half-heartedly, seeming upset.

"Natsuki. You're just as valid as any other girl," You pointed out, "Regardless of how you were born. And did you ever think for just one moment that I could also possibly be attracted to girls?"

"Even then, you still don't like me," Natsuki protested, turning up her head.

You were starting to get annoyed. "Who said I don't?" You questioned, and immediately went red upon realizing what you'd just admitted. God, you were so stupid!

"Wait, what?! You like me??" Natsuki gasped out, looking shocked. Clearly, she didn't get that you were doing exactly what she'd been doing.

"Yes, but you can't tell anyone I like you!" You told her firmly, "No way!"

"Okay, but you can't tell anyone I like you, either! Deal?" Natsuki offered. You nodded your head in response, holding out your hand for her to shake. She did so, looking back and forth.

"So, really.." You mumbled, turning around to face the table as she sat back down again, "What's that manga about?"