twenty two.

Picture: Random Girl as Lindsey Patterson

Do let me know who you would choose as the cast? It would be great to have more options as I'm not completely satisfied with some of those I casted.

ALEXIS

He drives us to the park that we always go to.

But this time, he doesn't take out his guitars. Anyway, there's only one in his car now-he always keeps one here, and one in his room-so I guess he wasn't planning on playing today.

After he parks, he goes to the trunk and takes out a worn out, plain black skateboard.

I look at him. "You skate?"

"Yeah. Not for a long time, though," he tells me. He pats the board. "I haven't used this baby in a while."

"I didn't know that," I state. "So, are you starting again now?"

"Yup. And you're joining me," he grins.

He reaches into the trunk to take out another skateboard. This one is plain brown wood.

"This is Dan's," he informs me, handing it to me.

"I've never- I can't skate, Chris," I tell him, a little panicky.

"Relax. That's what I'm here for!"

He shuts the trunk, locks his car then takes my hand and tugs on it, making me follow him away from the parking lot and into the park.

***

He teaches me the basics, obviously, because there is no way I'm going to try any tricks today.

After about three hours, I get the hang of it and we just skate around the park. While I'm taking breaks, he practices the more advanced part of skating, mostly doing flip tricks, his favourite. And of course, he falls a couple of times. Each time, I can't help but worry, but he insists he's fine and I know it.

Anyway, everyone will fall at some point. If not, how will you learn?

***

CHRISTIAN

When we're back in my car, ready to go home, I have second thoughts and ask her, "Can I take you somewhere else?"

"Sure. When?"

"Right now."

She frowns. "Right now?"

"Right now," I nod.

"Right now?"

"Jesus," I chuckle. "Yes, right now. Something wrong?"

"It's a Monday, isn't it?"

"Yeah..." I say slowly. "And?"

"And, genius, it's already almost 8, and we have homework to do and there is school tomorrow."

"Aw, come on, Lexi," I grumble. "You mean, it's not even 8. Live a little. Please?" I pout.

She grins. "Cute."

I think I blush.

Wait, what? Goddamn it. I'm blushing? What the fuck.

"Whatever," I chuckle nervously. "So? Are you in?"

"I don't know..."

"I think it'll be worth it," I urge.

"Well, it is not even 8..." She sighs. "Fine."

I beam at her. "Awesome."

I pull out of the parking lot.

"So, where are we going?" she questions, picking out a CD to put in.

Eventually, the beautiful sound of Arctic Monkeys reaches my ears.

I think about whether I should tell her where we're headed or not.

"It's a surprise."

"Hm... It just better not be like, in the middle of nowhere where you eat me and dump my remains because you're secretly a cannibal."

"Oh, crap! Change of plans, then."

She chuckles and I do too.

"Oh, that reminds me-we need to get food," I tell her.

"So it's not a food place..." she says, thinking out loud.

"Don't bother. You'll probably never guess," I smirk at her.

She huffs. "Alright..."

I drive to an In-N-Out joint.

"Burgers, because you love 'em so much." I smile.

"You know it," she laughs.

I'm overjoyed, knowing that I'm the one who appreciates her love for burgers, because that stupid Jock doesn't.

I'd get this beautiful girl a burger anytime she wants.

I'd get her anything.

***

ALEXIS

"Aaand... We're here," Christian announces, cutting the engine.

It looks like a sort of forest-y place-the kind of place you'd see in Supernatural.

"Christian!" I hiss. "Where the hell are we?!"

Not going to lie-I obviously am pretty freaked out.

"It's a really old, abandoned park," he informs me, getting out of the car, and I follow suit. "You got the food?"

Even though we were both starving, I insisted we just eat wherever it was that we were going. I didn't want to get the car dirty. However, now I feel like I've lost my appetite.

Who am I kidding? It's an In-N-Out burger, for crying out loud. I could eat ten.

"Yup," I reply, walking beside him towards this mysterious place. "What exactly are we doing at a really old, abandoned park, may I ask?"

We arrive at a large gate, and the top reads 'Pine Lake Cemetery'.

"Pine Lake Park got turned into that," he replies monotonously, pointing at the words.

When I look at him, about to ask what the big deal is, I sort of regret it.

His face is just full of raw pain and misery, and it hurts to look at him like that.

It hurts to see him hurt.

This must be where his parents are.

So apparently, this part of the story is going to be in three chapters! Maybe, even four. So this continues in twenty three. :)

Also, who is/are your favourite character/s? Let me know in the comments! I would love to hear.

Please follow, vote and comment!