Chapter 21

Shawn's p.o.v

I can't believe Jack! Taylor's not like that he wouldn't do that. Kiss me, ignore me, then date someone else. He wouldn't do that, would he?

I don't know how long I walk but it's dark now and I know exactly where I am. Why I'm here? Not sure, but I'm standing right in front of his door of all places I could of gone. All places he took me, showed me. Places we spent private non-sexual times together. All those places I could've gone and here! I'm here! Imma flip my shit. I have to leave.

I go to leave when the door opens.

"Shawn?" A very Anxious looking Taylor opens the door.

"Don't worry I was just leaving," I say going to step down the stairs.

"Don't leave, please. We don't have to talk just hang out please," he pulls me against him.

I don't even respond before I'm being pulled into his house.

So that's what we did we hung out like old times, like this never happened. It feels amazing having him back. Even if it's the last time.

We played games, ate junk and listened to music. Now we're watching a movie that he picked out and of course it's a scary movie. Right now we're laying in his bed watching said scary movie. Which is "47 meters down: uncaged" I am not the one.

"I hate you. You know that?" I look at him.

He laughs and puts his arm around me like usual when we watch a scary movie. I don't know how to explain it but this felt different. I don't dwell and lean into him.

"I miss this," he pulls me closer.

"Yeah," I put my head on his shoulder.

"You know we can go back? Pretend all of this never even happened," he says.

I sign. No it can't.

"Taylor-"

"Please Shawn, I miss you," he sits up pulling me with him.

He sits in front of me and put his hands on my face.

"Please Shawn, is it because of freshman year because I didn't mean anything when I ignored you. I know it was the whole year, but I was confused and it wasn't because of you. Well it was but nothing bad I promise. It's killing me with you being mad. I miss you," I'm hurting inside.

"Please I want to be able to do this everyday. Hanging, talking, hugging, and just being with you. It's killing me! Don't you see that? Do you even care?" He goes to back away, but I pull him back.

I did something, something I shouldn't but it feels so good. I kissed him! And he's kissing back. Like REALLY kissing back.

What am I doing? He has a boyfriend! VERY reluctantly I pull back. I get up and put my shoes on.

"Shawn what are you doing? Are you mad again? You kissed me!" He gets up.

"Yeah and you kissed back," I basically run down the stairs.

"Yeah what's the problem?" He's right behind me. "Shawn!" He grabs my arm turning me to face him.

"Your boyfriend! Or did you forget?" I yell. "Or does he not exist, huh? Are you not with Hayes?" Tears so close to the surface.

"I- it's- Shawn," his shoulders sag.

"I'm leaving," I pull away opening the door.

"I'm sorry," he say. "It's not what you think, I promise."

"I don't care. Go be happy," I leave not letting him respond.

One thought in my mind. I guess he would do that.

~~~~~~
Ok so I was gonna write a different version of this chapter where he shows up to Hayes's house. If you want to read it. Just let me know and I'll write it🤷‍♀️