2 ; cornered

"The only way you can stop being cornered is to fight back."

Leif said the bunker wasn't far away, and that there was going to be a booby trap signaling it was nearby. Of course, we needed someone to get caught in that trap. He was holding my hand the entire time as we ran, and it was evident to me that he didn't want me getting caught in that trap. His eyes were gleaming with mischief, so I wondered what the trap was. He hadn't bothered to explain, but only warned us. The boys didn't ask for anything else, but instead kept their guard up for tripwires or nets.

The squelching sound of a foot stepping in mud was loud, and I looked towards whoever emitted the sound. Asch had a disgusted look on his face, before it quickly turned into horror.

"Leif—"

A thousand holes opened up in the trees around us, before hurling acorns towards Asch, who still wasn't able to get out of the mud. The nuts fired out of the holes like an auto gun in a first person shooter game. Asch raised his hands to protect his face as the acorns bounced off him in a whirlwind.

Leif was laughing hysterically, and was clutching his stomach as he rolled on the ground. Noi was laughing along with him, and Rhys was chuckling lightly. Pierce just stood by with a light smile on his face.

After a while, the acorns stopped firing and Asch was very angry. He got himself out of the mud, and ran after Leif, screaming.

"I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU, YOU COCKY BASTARD!" He shrieked, with a fireball in hand.

He cooled down quickly, since it was now clear that we were getting closer to the bunker thing. That trap was probably just a meme that Leif set up or something. To be honest, he didn't seem like he was himself. His face was getting paler by the second as we closed in on the bunker, and I could sense his grip on my hand getting tighter. We'd soon walked into a clearing, and Leif stopped.

"Here." He said, crouching down near the ground and feeling it, swiping at the dirt.

His hands started digging at a part of the ground, before a wooden platform showed up. He pressed down 6 times, before walking backwards. The platform opened, and a stairway leading down into the ground was revealed. I gasped at the sight. I didn't think daemos used technology at all, much less of this type.

"Y/N, stay in the middle of the group. I don't know if anyone is down there." Leif said, pushing me behind him, pulling his scythes out.

"But I thought you said you owned this place." I said, confused.

"I do own this place. Well, I co-own it. I don't know if any of the other co-owners still use it, since it's a pretty old one compared to some of the other bunkers we share." He said, walking down, his hands gripping the handles of his scythes tightly.

I didn't say anything after that. I think I knew what he was talking about when he meant others, but I didnt want to question him about it or anything.

Pierce closed the hatch behind him, and the dim torches on the walls were our only source of light. Soon, we reached a door. Leif quickly opened it, and we found an underground base. There was a table in the centre of the room, with papers and empty bottles. On the walls were weapons, swords, staffs, bows, everything you could think of.

There were other doors, probably leading to other rooms in the bunker, and the space was quite big. It was much bigger than Ava and my apartment, that's for sure.

"Okay, it seems like no one else is here. We should be alright with staying for a while." Leif said, putting away his weapons.

In a blur of movement, Leif was dangling upside down, with a yellow band secured around his ankle. He flailed in the air, grabbing the band and attempted to rip it off, but he struggled to, finally letting go and yelling out, "Let me go, Dew!"

"Sneaky little Leif and his sneaky little accomplices. I knew you were trouble the moment I set eyes on you." A voice chuckled.

"Hey, let Leif go! He hasn't done anything!" I yelled, looking around, still not seeing anyone.

"Hasn't done anything? How amusing. He's already betrayed the Spectrum of Death by joining the knights. Ark knew he wasn't worthy the moment Leif's prophecy came rushing into Ark's little purple head." Dew snarled,

And from the ceiling drifted a man with blonde hair, dressed in yellow robes. His hair floated around like it was defying gravity, and his arms were looped with many yellow rings, like the one around Leif's ankle.

"Dew. Cut the crap and let me go." Leif said, grabbing his robes and shaking him.

"Shut up. You're lucky I haven't killed you or anything." Dew scoffed.

"Just let him go! The blood's going to rush to his head and he's going to pass out!" I yelled, pushing through the daemos to point at Dew.

Dew looked over at me, and his eyes went wide. He stumbled backwards, and his face showed confusion.

"How... you're a human! The magic crisis... there aren't any humans left! We... what?" Dew stammered.

"I'm not from here, you idiot. Do I look like I'm going to wear robes and live in a castle when I can have anime and large t-shirts?" I snickered.

"Wait. Oh. I see now. How amusing. Leif's got himself an inter-dimensional plaything. You're loyal to him, aren't you?" Dew sneered.

"Since when am I loyal to him? I'm just helping him out, cause I don't need him dying while my friend's still out there!" I said, blushing.

Dew sighed, and said, "Well, regardless of whatever you want, there's honestly only one thing that's for certain as of this point in time: things on daemos just got a lot more interesting."

And he smirked, sinister and dark. The only smile that would appear on the face of an evil man. I smirked back, putting on a brave face. I wasn't going to back down from this bastard just yet.

"Interesting, indeed." I said.

I'm updating early! UwU I just felt like writing a lot 😂