Breathe

Jane's Pov

"What's wrong Evie ?" I ask from her. She's not telling anything but I can see tear drops are falling from her eyes. "Don't give me a heart attack please tell what's wrong ?" I screams at her. "J-Jane Kyle send me a picture of J-Jacob ......" she says shivering. "Dude what's wrong men give me your phone" I say and grab the phone. "Oh dear lord ! What has happened? " I say with bafflement and I see coner of my eye Evie stands frozenly without saying anything.

" I'm so sorry to inform you this Umm Jacob met with an accident now and I'm taking him to the hospital :( "
- Kyle

"I need to go Jane I want see Jacob" Evie cries hugging me. "Don't cry Evie we'll both go to see him now" I'm not panicked at all , I don't know what's wrong with me but I'll do my best to make Evie feels better. "Mom we gotta go it's an emergency " I scream , " What's wrong Jane ? Everything ok?" She asks from me. "No mom everything is not ok me and Evie need to hurry up so I'll text you everything " I say to her but she's still not responding to me. "Mom don't worry I'm gonna be ok" I say and she nods. We hurry to the front door and I stop, "Mom can I have your car please ?" I ask from her. "Ok but make sure you drive safe and don't forget to text me" she says to me. I nod and we both get into the car, I look at Evie she looks pale and tears are coming from her eyes. "Hey look at me he's gonna be ok , don't worry now I'm taking you to the hospital so please don't cry and what if Jacob sees you crying he will feel sad too" I try my best to make her not to cry. "Ok I'm not gonna cry" she says smiling at me.

I start the engine and we left the house. "Evie try to reach Kyle and ask him what is the hospital? " I say turning left from the Albert theatre. "Ok give me a minute..... umm it's the main hospital " she says in few seconds. "Ok we will be there in 10 minutes " I say to her. "Thank you Jane " she says suddenly. "You don't have to thank me" I smile at her."We are at hospital now I'll park the car and come , you go and find Jacob and Kyle" I say to her. Evie gets out of the car and make her way to the hospital.

Evie's Pov

"Jacob ! Where is Jacob" I ask form the reception. "Can we know the surname please? " replies the lady there. "Jacob Cooper who met with an accident !" I scream at her. "Oh he's doing surgery now " she replies. "Ok thank you " I reply to her make my way to the theatre, "Excuse me you can't go like he's your.....?" She says. "He's my friend and I'm so worried I need to see him immediately. " I shout at her. "But miss we can't let you go like that" She says. "What do you want to know form me do you need my birth certificate or something I'm not gonna harm him I love him and I want to see him" I am not able to control my temper and this nurse is making me more and more mad. "Calm down miss" she says. "How can I be calm when my friend is doing a surgery and an old women is not letting me see him" I say to her. "Nonsense " she mutters to herself. "What did you just say 'nonsense' ! You are not good for this job ma'm you are too rude for people. We come to hospital for a help !" I say to her. I know this hits her badly but I can't help she's the one who made me mad.

"Sorry ma'm" I hear a voice behind me, it's Jane. "We are so sorry can you let us go" she asks from that old women. "Ok you both can go" she says. Wow I have made a good impact on her by scolding. "Thank you " Jane greets her and we make our way to the theatre. "Gosh Evie control your temper" she says to me. "I can't Jane she called Jacob nonsense! How can I control myself !!" I say to her. "Ok ok I get you but they are doing thier job" she says. "So thier job is to call someone's emergency a nonsense " I question her . "Ok Evie she's wrong I know that but why do we have to be like her?" Shs says. "Well I agree with that part."

****

We come near the theatre, I can see Kyle standing with there talking to someone. Evie runs to Kyle and they both hug each other. I know how Kyle and Evie feel , Jacob is a special person for both of them. I start to make my way to them but suddenly.....

Flashback

"We need to do the surgery now ! "
"Please calm down darling "
" Breathe Breathe you are gonna be honey"

"Jane Jane!" I hear someone is talking to me. I gasp " Oh K-Kyle" I say to him. "Hey thanks for coming and are you ok ?" He asks from me. He probably noticed my weird behaviour. Ofcourse I'm ok how are you feeling and Jacob ?" I quickly change the topic. "I don't know Jane this is all my fault! He's there because of me if I told him not to come back again this would've not happened. " he says. "Hey calm down tell me what happened " I ask. "I dropped him at the Albert theatre but I saw he has left his jacket in the car and I told me to come back again . We both didn't see the car was coming and it hit Jacob "

"Listen it's not your fault at all it was a bad time for him. Don't blame yourself for something you didn't do and he's gonna be fine." I say to him. He is shocked and he wasn't paying attention to what I said before. "Hey come here" I give him a hug so he will feel better at least for few minutes. "Thank you Jane for coming here " he says and hugs me back. "I have to be here with you and that's what you have friends " I smile. The doctor comes out from the surgery room. Kyle and Evie run to him impatiently. I stand up to go near them but

Flashback

"How is he doctor "
"We are so sorry Mrs.Smith "
"Let me see him please "

My heart beats so fast and I can't focus in the present my mind is dealing with the flashbacks badly. I never thought that I'll be able to deal with those flashbacks again. I want to stop thinking about it but I can't. The voices are echoing from the back of the mind. "Enough enough " I say to myself but it was a bit louder than I thought and Evie heard it, "Jane Jacob is fine his surgery is successful" she says. "Oh that's good" I smile. "Are you ok Jane ?" she asks .

"Umm yh I'm cool" I lie that feelings are puzzling my mind again. I don't want this to happen. "Move from the path" a nurse screams to us . We both look at her it's Jacob , he's transforming to ICU. "Jane they said the surgery was successful but why ICQ " Evie is panciked, I can't calm her self with the condition I'm fighting with. "Calm down Evie people are more struggling than you " I shout at her. Oops what did I just say , "Jane what's wrong with you" she asks. "Nothing is wrong with me you are making things worse just try to calm yourself they said he's ok so don't worry " I shout at her Jane what did u just say u said that Evie is making things worse I can't scold her for my problems. This is all bullshit ! Bullshit! "Hey I'm sorry Evie" I apologise from her, "it's fine Jane you are correct I'm making things worse here" she says. She's is not I'm the one who is making things worse I wonder how she can't remember about that incident happened to me 2 years ago. That's why I'm dealing with shit now I can't listen to myself when I'm in the hospital those flashbacks come to my mind and it's a pain.

I need someone to calm myself someone that is not panicked at this moment but Kyle and Evie they both are panicked at the moment. Grace and Alisa I want them here right now.

Hey !
Something urgent came up and me and Evie are in the hospital can yall come cos I need you guys here.

I put a message to them. I hope they will before things get worse.

We'll be there in 10 minutes

Thank god finally they are coming. Kyle and Evie both go to ICU to see Jacob and I stay out . "Jane ! Is everything ok ? " Grace and Alisa come running near me. "Kyle's friend met with an accident " I say . "What I don't get anything" Alisa asks. "So this what happened " I tell them the story. "Oh shit and that's why Evie feels so sad" Alisa screams with excitement. "Why she feels sad I don't get it" Grace asks clueless. "C'mon Grace they both like each other that's why she feels so down" Alisa tells. "Guys yall are here to help me out not to make stories" I say. "Ok chill" Grace says. "Evie is panicked cos she likes Jacob but why are you panicked I mean Kyle is also fine " Grace says. "It's that......" I stop , "Is it that flashback again" Alisa asks. "It is, after that incident I aviod coming to the hospital and after 2 years I came but flashbacks are still alive in my mind" I explain to them. "Come here Jane we are here now so everything is gonna be ok" Grace says and hugs me.

****
"Grace and Alisa thanks for coming guys" Evies says and they start talking about the accident and all. But me I'm in the corner of them thinking. "Hey Jane are you alright cos I've seen that you act weird " Kyle asks. "Actually I'm not it's just a bad memory....." I didn't continue. "It's ok if you can't say that to me if you are feeling down please go home and take rest" he says. "I think you need to know this 2 years ago...." I say.

Omg guys what just happened !
You'll find it in the next chapter
See you then 😁