3 - Willow

WILLOW WASN'T THE LEAST BIT surprised that this mental hospital was named Yellow Daises. Surrounding the building were tons of yellow daises - but what was odd was that the yellow part seemed to have been painted on. The bright color was sickening, as it was a color Willow most despises.

The building was tall and marble white, with only two windows, yellow daises - of course - at the windowsill, just like so many of them were in surrounding bushes.

Who even is Emma? Willow shot Parker a questioning glare, her eyes narrowing slightly. Whether or not she can trust Parker - or even Gavin for that matter - remains to be seen.

Parker shrunk back from Willow's gaze, causing a satisfied smirk to appear on her face, though she shouldn't have been so proud of her sometimes scary demeanor.

Willow couldn't help but notice Parker staring at the home to the mentally unstable with dread and a - even more than usual - pale face. Does he have an irrational fear of mental illnesses or something?

Gavin, on the hand, grinned, cracking his knuckles. "Oh, baby, let's do this thing!" he yelled out. "You guys coming?" He looked between Parker and Willow.

"Hm, yep," Willow said in a bored tone.

Willow sighed, following Gavin in, pulling Parker's wrist, since he looked just about ready to bolt.

At the front desk sat a lady with graying hair, a yello shirt, and a fake perky smile. She glanced up at them. "Hello, dears," she said. "Here to drop that one off?" She pointed a greasy finger at Willow.

Willow rolled her eyes. "Do I look insane to you?"

"So... is that a yes?" the lady asked, and Willow peered down at her shirt to see a name tag. Her name is Karen. It certainly suited her, that is for sure.

"No," Gavin said. "We're here to visit a patient. Emma, um..."

"Emma Davis." Parker sighed, leaving Willow to wonder how he even knew her last name. "We're here to visit her."

"Oh, yes, that one." Karen shuddered, visibly disgusted. What kind of monster could they be faced with for the hag to act like that? Isn't she supposed to be professional or something?

"Go on, she's in room 394," Karen told them. "There's a red button if you need... ah, assistance. Good luck, you'll need it, but I'm sure you are perfectly aware of what you're getting into."

"Wait, what-" Gavin began to say, but Willow dragged him and Parker away.

"I'm sure we'll be fine," Willow said. "Anyway, Parker, how do you know Emma?"

"Erm, I used to babysit her..." Parker muttered.

"How old is she?" Willow furrowed her eyebrows.

"Thirteen," Parker said. "Only two years younger, but I was a very responsible kid."

"Hey, look, that's the room." Gavin pointed.

A smirk appeared on Willow's face, as she dragged the boys even faster. She stopped at room 394. What could possibly be on the other side? Parker and that lady, Karen, certainly are afraid of her, or at the very least, they dislike her.

"Get behind me," Gavin said, stepping in front of Parker and Willow. "I'll protect you guys."

"How kind of you," Parker muttered.

Gavin carefully opened the door, and gestured for the other two to follow him. Willow didn't need to be told twice. She ducked, and ended up in front of Gavin. She could feel his glare trained on her, though it was nothing compared to the glares that she could dish out.