PART-XVII (PAST ACCEPTED)

Thought:
Either black or white it is the life of an innocent that matters.

Elliot's P. O. V.
—————————————————————

Summer Holidays.

Holidays are meant to have fun

To enjoy with friends and family.

To relax.

But in reality it's a total crap after two or three days after they start. It gets boring. The boringness increases even more when you don't have your best friend around. Issabelle has been to her grandma's since a week. She video call's me everyday but it's not enough

Our rich snob, Anthony is on a vacation to Bali with his parents and will return in another week. He sends a message everyday with a picture of his telling what he did for the day.

And I am here, at home, waiting for my parents to come back home. I go to the bakery thrice a week. Poor Geremy is also struck with me as his family had no plans this year and moreover he does not have football practice for the vacation.

Sometimes we play video games, sometimes he tells me more about music, I cook him dishes and deserts, and all other random stuff that friends do.

For now we are sitting in my room doing nothing. He is busy with his phone and I am just looking at the funny video's and memes that he shows to me.
"Ger, we are friends right?"
" That's even a question? We obviously are. I mean I am here most of the time"
" Yeah, that's true. What I mean to say is that we know what we are today but we don't know what we've gone through in past"

Geremy nodded while making a hmm voice.
" I don't want to pressurise you or something. Forget it. I shouldn't have started this kind of a topic"
" No no we should talk about this kind of stuff"

" okay , I will go first" I started while taking a deep breath " you probably know that my parents are always not at home. It was not always like this. Once we were a happy family but it changed. It changed when my brother, Thomas entered high school. They started getting overprotective. They didn't let him go to field trips or parties because they thought he would do drugs. They even were against the fact that his friends come home or he goes to theirs."

" One day in an argument Thomas said hurtful things to them which he was right about. He even told them he would prefer to die than to live with them a day more. Probably they realised their mistake but Then they stopped talking to us both, just important stuff. They started taking projects abroad from their companies.

"They send us pocket money though. Maybe they will come on Christmas this year.They said they will come near my birthday but I don't see that coming."

The expression on Geremy's face were of the most honesty and kindness. There was comfortable silence for sometime.The silence which was necessary for both of us. I looked over him and saw a tear down his eyes. I put my hand on shoulder.

" No. please let me speak. I want to. I never told about this to anyone. I want to get it out"
He said while I didn't utter a word. While sobbing he continued " when I was younger mom used to take me out to park every Friday. She used to leave me at the park and go somewhere else with a man while telling me she had some urgent work to do. Maybe She had an extra marital affair  with that man. I'm not sure of it, I was too young to comprehend it."

" One day when we returned from the park on a Friday dad was all red and angry. He started saying abusive words my mother. After some argument which I didn't hear due to fear he slapped her and she returned it back. I got so scared. They were fighting, talking so harshly while I was sitting in the corner repeating the words ' mom and dad love each other. Its a nightmare.' again and again."

"Eventually I slept and when woke up I was in the same corner. In the same clothes. But both mom and dad weren't there. I ran to my bed and started saying sorry for my bad behaviour to god."
" Nothing bad happened after that day. Both of them behaved the same way the used to. I don't know why they had a fight. But that day changed me. Still I can't trust anyone easily"

We didn't talk about the topic any further and the day went by in the regular routine. When he was heading back home I eventually asked him " I have a favour to ask. Can you teach me how to drive. Its just that I want to learn driving before my eighteenth birthday this month. I am late enough."

"And-"

"And?"

"I want to drive it to the cliff where Issabelle's mom used to take me with all three of you on my birthday . It has been years since I went there."

" I would love to do that. I mean I will teach you driving and I want to go to the place you're talking about." He said

" Be ready at seven"

At that time I didn't know it is going to be the last thing him and me did together.

-•–•—•—•–•-

It has been a week since Geremy has been teaching me to drive. I was really pathetic at first but now I am quite decent.

A good thing that happened this summer is that my relation with Thomas is getting better. We talk more now. All credit goes to Geremy who breaks the uncomfortableness between us.

Another good news is Anthony has returned from his trip abroad and Issabelle will return from her grandparents tomorrow.

After meeting Anthony from his return I went to the bakery and then home. I tried to make him and Geremy talk and they asked each other pleasantries about their family.

I was reading a book when my phone buzzed. I thought it was a message from Issabelle but my phone showed it to be Anthony's

'Can you meet me in the community park tomorrow . I want you for something.
Ps. No pressure'

'What will I get in return'

He replied instantly

' An ice cream. Maybe'

'It will work for me:)'

Ok then. Tomorrow it is-
—————————————————————
Thank you for reading. Just a few chapters left for the end.
PEACE✌🏻!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!