Chapter 12: Just One Hit Of You, I Knew I'd Never Be The Same

Camila's POV:

We pulled up to the Jauregui mansion- driving down the winding stone path. The path was made up of smooth concrete slabs- aligned with flowers, herbs and shrubs- igniting the grey path with vibrant colours. The mansion loomed proudly behind the iron gates, stood amidst the perfectly manicured lawn.

In the middle of the lawn stood the delicate marble fountain: the soft gurgling of the clear water filling the air with a melodic tune. The house looked brand new- as if it had been finished last week. The windows were huge and the walls were a fashionable shade of white- accentuating the dark green of the ivy clambering up its side...

"Are you ready?" Lauren said, turning to me and smiling nervously,

"Are you?" I deflected,

"As ready as I'll ever be..." she smiled, "Now... wait here..." she said smirking, opening her car door and sliding out. She quickly made her way around the back of the car- opening my door and holding out her hand, gesturing for me to take it. I took her hand in mine, letting her gently pull me out onto the stone path outside.

Without letting go of my hand, Lauren made her way up the wide concrete steps- knocking on the large oak door.

A small girl opened the door, her eyes lighting up when she saw Lauren standing there.

"Lauren!" she shrieked, running down the steps and jumping into Lauren's arms,"I've missed you so much... You have no idea..."

"I missed you too, Tay..." Lauren said, pulling away.

"You must be Camila..." The girl said with a smile, "It's nice to finally meet you in person."

"It's nice to meet you too." I said- reciprocating the smile.

"Mum and dad aren't here at the moment... but I can show you to your rooms and let you settle in?" Taylor said.

"Sounds good Tay..." Lauren said with a smile, resting her hand on the small of my back and gesturing me inside.

Inside, the entryway was covered in white, polished tile floors- illuminated by the luxury chandelier hanging above. Two marble staircases grew from either side- twisting in a perfect spiral to the second story above. Dark wooden bannisters hugged each wall- appearing to float over the wide staircase with ease. Upon the walls there were photographs of children- Lauren stood out amongst the three- her long, wavy hair and emerald green eyes were noticeable from miles away...

"Laur, I put you in your old room, and I've put Camila next door in the guest room so she feels more comfortable..." Taylor said as she began to ascend the staircase...

Laurens POV:

I always knew Taylor was talkative but Jesus... that girl could REALLY talk.

She mainly focussed her attention on Camila- they were already getting on so well- and for some reason that made me really happy. They talked about anything and everything- from work, to LA... to me- they never ran out of things to bond over. I'd never brought anyone home with me- friends or girlfriends- but for some reason Camila was different... Even though we weren't dating, I still wanted her to meet my family... I trusted her with everything in my life... Including Taylor.

"Did you hear what I said Lauren?" Camila laughed, bringing me back to reality.

"Yes..." I said smiling at her, "But I think you should say it again... Just in case..."

"I said... Can you take me to see your room?"

"Woah!" I laughed, "Camila I thought we both agreed that we'd keep our relationship purely business orientated... What changed so quickly?" I joked.

"Lauren! You know that's not what I meant!"

"I know... I'm just teasing..."

"...And that is my cue to leave..." Taylor said, spinning on her heels and disappearing down the staircase as quick as she could.

"Actually... Miss Jauregui..." Camila said, re-establishing eye contact, "I wanted to see if 16 year old Lauren had the same impeccable taste you have now..." she said smirking.

"I've always had good taste..."

"For some reason I don't quite believe that..." She said, making her way over to my old room...

"Wait..." I said abruptly- grabbing her arm and pulling her towards me slightly- "There's just one problem..."

"Ok..."

"Don't you think it's a little bit risky asking me to take you back to my room after I just confessed my feelings for you..." I began...

"I-" Camila said, her face dropping.

"I'm worried that if you realise how amazing I actually am... You're going to see what you are missing out on and fall in love with me... I mean, I know I'm irresistible... but its becoming a serious issue... I already have so many women lining up- I honestly can't afford to have any more-"

"-You're so smug oh my God!" Camila chuffed, shoving me on the shoulder playfully.

"I tell you what... I'll show you my room, but not right now, ok?..."

"Ok." Camila smiled sweetly.

"...Instead," I continued, "I'm going to take you downstairs, because my mum brought us dresses for the gala tonight..."

"She didn't need to do that..." Camila said.

"Trust me, she insisted... She called me asking for your size and everything... For some reason I think my parents are already starting to really like you- I honestly don't know what they've heard- but its not like you're beautiful, funny, smart, talented..."

"Are you trying to flatter me Miss Jauregui?" Camila smirked...

"Maybe a little bit... I'm just trying to do everything I can to see you in this dress..." I lowered my voice, "Or out of it... either one is fine with me..."

Camila grinned-

"Fine... But I'm doing this for your mom... not for you"

I pouted as she took the dress from me.

"You're seriously going to make me wait until tonight?" I smirked...

"Yes... I'll see you then..." She said, turning around and disappearing up the marble staircase...

I heard the guest room door close, and I was left alone with my thoughts... As much as I hated to admit it, I was falling for Camila... I had been in denial about my feelings for her for so long... But I had fallen hard, and I continue to fall harder for her every day. Even though I wasn't sure if she felt for me the way I felt about her- it felt good to finally be able to open up to someone. I could trust her with everything...

Even with all the confusion- I couldn't help but remember the kiss we had shared in New York. It was engraved into my memory, something I would never forget- so quick and innocent yet so passionate, consuming and intimate...

I truly was whipped... and to be honest- I didn't know what to do with myself...