05.

/⛲/

grunts and groans of a young man in his middle twenties, resonate in the open air of his dad's backyard. he got a call from his dad apparently, when he was in his way to his office. luckily, park jihwan left earlier from his apartment. and he could spare some time to comply to his dad's immediate request to move his two cushioned chairs -- his and his wife favorite -- to the outside world of his backyard where a water fountain was built in the middle.

jihwan's dad, wanted to have a leisure morning nearby the fountain. and to not having a back ache again after a hard backrest of a chair.

"how's now dad?"

jimin looked contemplating toward the sight of the two chairs facing the fountain, sat side by side. his lips unconsciously pursed and pouted as stream of judgement rushes inside his mind.

"c'mon dad i don't have all day..."

jimin crossed his arms in front of him. looking at his son disbelieving, he squints his eyes, wrinkles on the corner folded and contorted as he does so, his mouth slowly agape, was about to breath out words to describe how rude was his son. but not fast enough from jihwan.

"alright, alright, i'm sorry, i'm just tired." his son walked toward him and side hugged the frail figure of a fat and grey jimin.

"what do you think son?" finally jimin takes part of jihwan's former monologue.

"perfection dad... mom surely will love it."

both of them smiled contentedly to the view. the fresh rays of morning's sun bathed the backyard, making it looked nothing but hopefulness and a spirit of a brand new start.

"you can go now... thank you son."

"you sure you don't need anything dad? i still have some couple hours i suppose..."

jimin shakes his head in determination, "nope, you can go, make some money for us and that crush--"

"dad..."

"alright." they parted ways, and jihwan was back on the road heading to his office.

meanwhile jimin was walking leisurely to the chair. he choses the one with dark brown leather on the right. it's his favorite and the other with higher backrest with flower printed patterns on the surface was dal's.

exhaling the morning oxygen, giving the icy sensation in his esophagus, a smile blossomed on jimin's feature. he lets the silence of a new born morning take over his day. fixated his eyes on the flowing water, and sometimes glance over the other chair, unoccupied since seven years ago.

"you see dal? everything is fine..."

reaching out his hand to the other vacant chair, he brushes his fingers on the rough surface. tracing the skin of it in hope to spark fragments of memories inside his brain about no one but dal. which is worked.

an outward breath of ironic slipped jimin's chapped lips, "have i mention i missed you? jihwan said i'm getting more forgetful these days... and i feel like i haven't say it, but yeah i missed you."

the wind blows, shakes the trees, dance with the leaves. carried away the big fluffy condensed water vapor, that jimin had his eyes penetrated. despite his half-lidded, weak eyes from aging.

"how's up there, dal?"

the white gigantic, solid cotton untangled itself from one another. forming another one. faint threads roll with others.

"wait," jimin's faced turned serious.

he turned his head once again to his side. landed his eyes randomly on one of the flower prints.

"did i mention, i've missed you?"

°•☆

☆•°

☆•°

- tamat -
(06/14)