2 | 二

AUTHOR POV —

xiuying walked out from her class and saw renjun.

"yo what are you doing here?" xiuying asked excitedly , it's been awhile ever since she saw her friend.

"do you want to have lunch with me? everyone's busy and i don't want to eat alone." renjun said as he looked down to his phone , checking time.

"yeah sure , i'm pretty hungry."

both of them walked to the cafeteria. xiuying don't really like cafeteria's food but she has no choice , she's hungry and need to save time. plus , renjun probably in hurry as well. after getting their food , they choose an empty table.

"so how's life?" renjun asked as he chew his food.

"you're talking as if you haven't seen me in years." xiuying chuckled.

"duh , just answer the question." he rolled his eyes.

"great , i guess? what kind of answer should i give?"

"how about yangyang?"

xiuying's ears perked up hearing the name. she smiled bitterly.

"fine. we're doing fine." she answered.

"listen , xiuying. i'm seeing something opposite here. you guys are not fine." renjun said as he put down his chopsticks and proceed to put his chin oh him palm.

"we'll work it out , don't worry. eat , you're hungry , don't you?" xiuying gestured asking renjun to eat as she avoided eye contact.

"what happened actually? how did things become like this?" he asked as he continue eating.

"nothing happened , ugh i have no idea , renjun. it just turns out like that without notice." she halted.

"every gesture of him are insincere. i'm not a fool. i felt that." xiuying added as she looked down.

"you know that so why you clung onto him , knowing he don't feel the same anymore?"

"i'm not ready to let him go. it's him who's feeling had changed , mine remains unchanged. i love him , renjun." xiuying said , holding herself back from crying.

"i wish you guys can work it out." renjun said and she nodded.

renjun observed her and he don't want xiuying to start crying , he stopped saying anything.

yangyang mended xiuying's heart. it took a while for xiuying to start to love again after her past love failed.

renjun didn't expect to see their relationship become like this. even if they doesn't say anything about it , it was obvious , it doesn't have to be verbal to know about it. yangyang was clearly lost interest and xiuying was barely holding it on.

"do you have class after this?" renjun asked and xiuying shook her head.

"i need to go to the cafe , yongqin need me. today is a busy day." xiuying told him.

"come on , i'll drive you. i got a new car." renjun said as he smirked.

"are you mocking me because my car is at the workshop?" she rolled her eyes and renjun laughed.

"come in and get your drinks." xiuying offered.

"nah , i need to meet people. send my regards to yongqin and kun." renjun refused and xiuying nodded.

"alright , see you later." she said as she waved.

she entered the cafe.

"oh xiuying , you're here." yongqin stated.

"renjun send his regards to you. for you to as well , kun." she said as she turned to kun.

both of them nodded.

xiuying walked to the locker room , changing her outfit.

"by the way , it's been awhile since i saw yangyang. why he's not dropping by?" yongqin asked as he stopped to talk with his sister.

xiuying who's now preparing a drink stay silenced.

"xiu , i'm asking you."

"huh? hm. he's busy , i believe." xiuying said as she continued.

"he used to drop by..-"

someone called him to take their order and xiuying's relieved.

she knows he going to say 'he used to drop by even when he's busy'.

after working , kun approached her.

"how's study?" he asked.

"so so , i can't wait to graduate though." she said and kun smiled.

"you can do this." he said and xiuying smiled.

xiuying get ready to go back and yongqin called for her.

"xiu , yangyang is here."

"what?"

"you heard me." he said as he left.

xiuying took a deep breath before going out from the locker room.

"hi." yangyang said as he smiled.

xiuying smiled back.

"let's go , for a dinner." he said and xiuying nodded.

"alright."

both of them walked together , yangyang was hesitating whether he want to hold xiuying's hand or not. he decided and he holds her hand.

xiuying looked at him , her lips formed a smile.

her heart fluttered , even though she knows , yangyang probably did that out of habit.

yangyang , he don't know if he's being selfish or not , but for sure he , is not ready to let xiuying go just yet.

he knows his feelings for xiuying had faded out but , he can't let her go.

they spent their time eating , being cautious with each other.