Pride Month Shopping

A/N: I know I missed pride but I wanted to do like a pride month special. So here it is.

Carlos POV
I just woke up from an amazing sleep to find out that today is June, and I couldn't be happier. The reason being it is pride month.

I waltz out of my room and found Tk cooking some breakfast.

"Babe happy pride month!" I said with full enthusiasm.

"Is it really that time already"

"Yup" he smiles at me and gives me a kiss.

"So what do you want to do" I start to ponder about the things we can do but nothing really comes to mind.

"I don't know you got any ideas," He thinks a little bit before coming with an answer quite quickly.

"How about we decorate your house. There's nothing in here anyways" I start laughing. Okay, he roasts my house oh well.

"Sure I think that would be a great idea," I said with a smile.

"Perfect let's eat breakfast and then in an hour or so we go shopping. Michaels, Home Depot, and Target.

"Alright then it seems like a plan"

We finish breakfast I had a nice hour to just kick back a relax for a bit before this house gets a turn in to just the biggest gay icon known to man but hey that's what I want anyways.

The hour flew by fast and I was happy it did. It means I can spend some more time with Tk.

I walk out of the room to find Tk just standing there waiting for me.

"Ready to go"

"Absolutely"

We head to the car and start driving off to Target. We start talking about what we should do and settled on a shadow box of lgbtqia# items. I didn't personally know what I want but I think it was a cool concept.

We park and head into Target. Right away Tk found the Lgbtqia+ section and went to town just grabbing things and throwing them into the cart.

"Tk calm down," I said with a smile, a laugh, and with my hand scratching my neck."

"But all these things are good for the shadow box"

I sighed. "Fine but remember we still need to get the materials for the box itself alright"

I look behind me and notice a few ladies walking down the aisle. I think nothing of it and turn back to my boyfriend who was putting a huge pride flag in our cart.

"Tk I don't think that's going to fit in the shadow box"

"Oh I just thought of it as a thing to decorate your house with, outside the shadow box"

"Okay then, let's just get out of here. I think we have everything."

Tk nodded and we start walking out with our cart full of items.

We were about to turn the corner to get to the check out section of the store when this lady and her kids walk beside our cart and just stared at our cart.

I notice that she was one of the people that were in the lgbtqia+ aisle.

"Is something the matter ma'am"

"Can you please put that back I don't want my kids to see all of that" she said pointing at my cart.

I just death stared her. Like who this bitch thinks she is. After a few seconds or so Tk put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey babe let's go, she's an idiot anyway," he said with a smile from ear to ear. I chuckle a little bit. I turn to Tk and gave him a nod.

"Excuse me, you don't get to call me that."

"Well what do you want me to call you, it's the 20th Century I bet I can I find harsher words than that one to call you by if that's of course what you like"

She just stared at Tk shocked. To be honest I was pretty shocked too. I mean hey Tk clapping back is not something I'll see every day so I might as well bask in the moment.

"You should learn your manners, young man"

"And you should learn that gay people are here to stay and if don't like that then leave, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other countries out there that just hate us but I'm mean stay by all means just remember we exist."

I started to smile. I think it's cool that Tk is snapping back. The woman just walks away and we continue our way to check out.

"That was awesome Tk. I mean you don't normally fight back like that but that was pretty cool"

"Thanks," he said with a smile.

We finished checking out and went to the other stores really to buy a glass pane, wooden planks, and some spray paint for the shadow box.

+++

We set down all of our things and started getting to work. I grabbed my power tools and started drilling in nails for the shadow box.

After a little bit, we were able to nail in the shadow box on the wall.

"Babe it looks amazing" after he said that he just started putting the items on the platforms of the box. I just sigh. He is such a kid but that's what great about him.

"Hey, Carlos help me out here. I'm trying to see where all these pins should go."

I just laugh " Alright"

We finish the shadow box and I just stare it in awe. It looked amazing. It had about 7 compartments filled to the brim with lgbtqia+ items.

"Okay time for the flag"

I screwed in a few nails and hang the very large pride flag up on the other side of the hall.

"Babe this day was great."

"Yeah it was"

"We can finally say your house is decorated"

"Shut up," I said laughing.

"Love you too babe," he said giving me a kiss.