Chapter 22

Cynthia was walking through one of the halls of Rebe's house, passing some green lights when someone grabbed her and pulled her into a room. The person kept their hand on her mouth as they closed the door, making sure no one heard her scream.

"Cynthia?" The person asked, still not removing his hand. She frantically nodded as he let go, pushing her to stand in front of him while he removed his Michael Myers mask.

"Nano?" She gasped and took a step back.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he put his hands up, "But I am going to ask you something. And I need you to answer honestly."

"You can't be here," she went to open the door, "Guzmán is going to kill you, especially if he finds out you grabbed me."

"Just answer one question for me," he roughly grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall, "Or do you feel too guilty since you and your blonde friend got her killed over the watch?" Before he could blink, Cynthia brought her knee up and pushed him away after he doubled over in pain. She made her way back to the door and turned to him.

"I didn't kill her and I don't know who did it," she glared at him, "But if you don't leave right now, you'll be the next dead person. And we'll all know who did it."

Cynthia opened the door without another word and walked out, holding Guzmán's jacket close. She made her way to the bathroom and took a deep breath to collect her thoughts, staying there for a few minutes before she heard her phone ding. She sighed when she realized it was just the group chat, but opened it anyway.

(Encineros) Cayetana: Samuel's brother is at the party!!!

Her blood ran cold and she began looking for the rest of her friends, terrified of Guzmán's reaction. She made her way to the party, searching for everyone. As she searched for her friends, she listened to Guzmán's voice message.

"Grab Nano. I'm on my way. I'm going to smash his head open! Don't let him get away, okay? Don't let him get away!" Cynthia panicked, still trying to find anyone she knew. She tried calling Ander, but he didn't pick up. Neither did Polo, Lu, and Omar. Finally, she called Carla and breathed a sigh of relief when she picked up, "Cynthi?"

"Carla, thank God," she began rambling, "Where are you?"

"I'm going home," Carla answered, "My Cabify is almost here. I'll text you when I get home."

She hung up before Cynthia could tell her to wait for her. Quickly, Cynthia began pushing through people and made her way to the exit, running as fast as she could to get to Carla. In front of her, Samuel was also quickly walking out. She followed him out and was shocked when he began punching Nano, defending Carla who had been pressed against a car.

"Samuel, please, stop," Carla's shaky voice pleaded, "Samuel, you're going to kill him!"

"Samuel, stop it," Cynthia yelled and ran to them. She caught a glimpse of Guzmán approaching them while Samuel yelled, "Always fucking my life up!"

He kept going as Carla stepped back. Guzmán continued watching when Cynthia intervened, grabbing his arm and pulling him back, "Samuel, stop! You're going to kill your brother!"

She felt someone wrap their arms around her, lifting her away from them, as she continued begging for Samuel to stop. Guzmán held her in his arms, tightening his grip when she tried kicking him, "Cynthia, stay out of it. You'll get hurt."

"He's going to kill him, Guz," Cynthia yelled, "Someone needs to stop him!"

"Let's go home," Guzmán looked over at Carla and picked Cynthia up, throwing her over his shoulder while she kept kicking and yelling.