Ch.31

Xiaoyu's POV.

I woke up beside Xinlong in my cat form.

I lightly tap my paw on the older's face to wake him up.

Once I saw him fidget, I changed to my human form.

"Huh? Oh, Zeyu." He says as he stretches his body.

"You should get ready." I say and he gets up lazily.

To my left, Mingrui and Shuyang were still fast asleep.

Well actually, sleeping Mingrui was crushing a half awake Shuyang.

I lightly smiled and shook the two of them lightly so they would wake up.

"Zeyu ge- help-" Shuyang wheezed as he tried to push of the sleeping human atop of him.

"Mingrui, wake up." I said and the younger lifted up his head, eyes still closed.

"I'm up..." He said and rolled off the youngest.

"Phew. I thought you would kill me." Shuyang says but I decide to drown their conversation from my ears. It's not good to eavesdrop.

~~~

Mingrui and I had already changed forms and we followed the other two as they approached Hanyu ge's cabin.

They knocked on the door and then flung it open.

"Hanyu ge? There you are! Get over here!" Xinlong said and they went out to where the others were.

Gou Gou, Qiqi, and I stayed near the fountain as the others wouldn't let us participate with them.

"What'd you and Shuyang take about?" The green bird asks the shepherd

"Oh, uhm- n-nothing." The youngest said awkwardly.

"Come on! Tell us, please." He pleaded

"F-Fine... Shuyang and I are- uh- we have this mutual "I love you" understanding." Gou Gou says hurriedly.

"So does me and Xinlong." I say.

"My children are all grown up!" The eldest of us three fake cried to which Gou Gou and I rolled our eyes.

"Didn't you kiss Hanyu ge?" I asks, catching Gou Gou's attention.

"We only kissed! We haven't made anything official..." He says awkwardly.

To the side, we could see the other three approaching us covered in bruises and littered with wounds.

I mentally sighed as the three of us pulled the wounded ones behind a cabin.

The three of us changed into our human forms.

"What happened?" I asked.

"We played some sports. That's all." Xinlong shrugged and stretched his body.

"Are you sure that was all? Did anyone hurt you guys?" Mingrui asks worriedly.

"Don't worry, ge. We're fine." The youngest chuckled, lighting up the atmosphere.

"Well, you better be." Zihao ge crosses his arms with a stern look.

"Hanyu, Xinlong, Shuyang?" A voice calls out, approaching from the corner.

Mingrui, Zihao, and I changed back into our animal forms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was night time now. Spooky.

We were in the cabin and I was cleaning up Xinlong's bruises and wounds as Mingrui did the same with the youngest.

"Xinlong, would you stop grinding your teeth?" I asked, rolling my eyes as I placed ointment on the bruises on his shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just cold." He says and rubs his arms together.

"Your blanket is right there." I point to the soft material that he then took into his hands and placed over his lap.

"Hey, Zeyu ge, Long ge. Shuyang and I will go out for a bit." Mingrui said and the two walked out of the door.

"Long ge... I had a talk with Qi ge and Gou Gou..." I started and the other looked at me with a bright expression.

"Was it about how they love each other? If so, Shuyang and Hanyu ge told me that already. It's sweet but I feel like Mingyang's story was kinds dry." He said with a smile.

"Mingyang?"

"Yeah. Mingrui and Shuyang. Anyways, what did you want to tell me about it." He asks.

"Well, I was wondering if... You're interested in me..." I said awkwardly and avoided eye contact with the older.

"Interested in you? As in romantically?"

"Y-Yeah..." I say and turn my head away.

"What about you? Are you interested in me?" He asks back.

"I mean- y-yeah. I pretty much am..." I rub the back of my neck.

"If so, then I'm glad you feel the same." He takes his head and hooks it under my chin, lifting my head up to face him.

"I am interested in you, Yu Zeyu." He smiles and leans closer.

He kisses me- AHHHHHHHHHH-

I cup his face in my hands and slightly turned my head sideways.

We pull apart once we heard the door open.

"Did we interrupt something?" Mingrui asks, basket of herbs in his hands.

"No. Not at all."