chapter 3

Rubber bullets hit me, and I fall. hard. the gear protects me, but it still hurts like hell.
       I suddenly feel arms grasp around my body. my vision is blurred from tears and my body almost feels numb.
       Someone picks me up and throws me over their shoulders. I hear shouting and soon, everything goes black.
                                              ***
       "she will be fine." a deep voice makes me awake and alert. I sit up as fast as I can, and i find myself in an empty room with Tank, Riot, and Alpha.
        My head is pounding and all that I want to do is take off this stupid uniform.
        "Woah woah woah, you need to lay down." Alpha walks towards me and lightly pushes me back down onto a couch.
        "can I take this off?" i gesture to my helmet, and he sighs beneath his helmet.
         "we aren't really supposed to, but I suppose you can if you want." he says and I try to sit up to take it off, but my vision goes black and my head feels like it's filled with bricks.
         Someone's hands grab my helmet and gently tugs it off.
         once the stupid thing is off, I can finally breathe again, and I take in a deep breath. I look around and see the three boys standing still and looking at me.
         "What?" I ask, and they all look away, except Alpha. I can't see his face, but I can feel his eyes on me.
         "what's your name?" he asks
         "I thought we weren't supposed to tell people that." I reply.
          "i'm your boss aren't I? are you denying orders?" his voice turns hard, and I flinch.
          "no sir."
          "then answer the question." he demands.
          "emmeline. my name is emmeline." I tell him. and he walks towards me, and sits next to me on the grey couch.
          "emmeline, my name is Xavier." he puts his hands on the base of his helmet. "but people call me Axe." he pulls it off of his head and holy-

" he pulls it off of his head and holy-