[9] First Date

[6:00 pm]

Word spread around fast throughout the dance group that Yeonjun and Riley were together. Some weren't as supportive, a few were really nice about it and others just didn't seem to care as much. Riley's new friend Mia was all on board with it. She's over Riley's apartment, helping her pick out a dress to wear to her dinner date with her now new boyfriend. 

"Is this a casual date or this a fancy date?" Mia asks Riley as she's standing in front of her dresser, looking at all the nice tops she brought. "I think this a casual date? I'm not sure. I hope it is, I didn't bring that much fancy clothing," she tells Mia as she places the tops she has in her hands on the bed. Her phone makes a ding noise, "Can you check that for me please?" Riley asks Mia. Mia rolls over in Riley's bed, grabbing her phone that's across from her. "It's a group text, from someone named Jade and Amanda."

Riley looks over at Mia, smiling widely. "Oh, those are my best friends back home! What did they say?" Riley asks. Mia then reads the messages out loud

Jade: So you and Yeonjun finally got together huh?

Amanda: It was about time woman

Jade: Can you see if any of this friends are single and want an American girlfriend too?

Riley laughs as she hears Jade's text. "That is literally something I would say too," Mia says. "You two would get along great then," Riley tells her, "Facetime them, they're so wonderful. I know they're gonna love you." Mia group facetimes the girls, handing Riley her phone back. She sets it down on her dresser as Mia stands behind her. 

"Riley Page!!" Amanda says as Jade pops up from her. "Baby girl! Hi, oh my gosh, we miss you so much," Jade says. "Hi my loves, I miss you both too! I want you to meet someone, this is Mia. She's one of the dancers, she's helping me pick out an outfit for my date tonight," Riley says. Mia waves, as she introduces herself to the girls. Amanda and Jade introduce themselves as well while Riley steps over to the side, letting them talk for a while. 

"I don't mean to intervene here, but do y'all know who this Lena chick is too? Because she's here and she's apart of the group," Mia tells Amanda and Jade. They both nod their heads as Riley folds and put away the clothes she knows she's not gonna wear tonight. "All four of us used to be best friends. She was the one who introduced me to my ex actually," Riley says as Mia looks over at her. "She was the one who introduced you to him and she still went behind your back and slept with him?" Mia asks Riley. She nods her head as Amanda speaks up, "It was real fucked up to say the least. She tried to make a lot of excuses saying he came onto her. But regardless, if you know he's dating your best friend, why would you let him continue on? Why didn't you speak up and say something? Why didn't you stop him and call her and say 'Hey, your man just tried to make a move on me'" Riley hums in response, raising her hand up, "Amen to that. Everything about the situation was real shady." 

A ding goes off, Riley goes to Mia, "Was that my me?" she asks. Mia nods her head as Riley grabs her phone. She checks her notifications, it was Yeonjun. She squeals, "Hold on girls, my man just texted me. Which is weird, cause I thought he was in a meeting now." Amanda and Jade both giggle, "Your man, wow. And to think just a few days ago, you were telling us that he was never gonna be your man. He was your boss," Jade says, making Mia laugh afterwards. 

Riley reads the text message she received 

Junnie: Baby girl, I got out early!! I'm going to shower and change and I will be over in 30 minutes. I can't wait to see your beautiful face, I love you. I'll see you very soon

"Oh shit," Riley says under her breath as Mia looks at her. "What's wrong?" Riley looks back at her as she throws her phone onto her bed, "He got out his meetings early and he's coming in half an hour. I'm not even showered, I don't know what I'm gonna wear. Why does he always do this? He tells me one time and then he shows up hours earlier." Riley quickly picks out all the tops and bottoms on her bed. Mia walks over to her, placing her hands on her shoulders. "Hey, hey, hey, calm down. Breathe, stop panicking. Everything's gonna be okay, I'm right here," then Amanda cuts her off, "So are we!" she says still on pause.