[13] Clearing the Air

[9:30 am]

Riley arrives at the boys' rented home. She thanks her uber driver, tipping him before getting out of the car. She opens up the gate, closing it behind her as she walks up the hill and to the front door. She knocks a few times, ringing the doorbell. She takes a few steps back, waiting for someone to open the door. A few seconds later, she hears the door unlock and swing open. She is greeted by Beomgyu. She smiles over at him, seeing his tired eyes. "Hi Gyu," she says. Beomgyu gives her a half smile, "Oh, hey Riles. Are you here for Yeonjun?" Riley nods her head, humming in respond. "Yes and I'm here for you too. Can I come in please?" 

Beomgyu nods his head, stepping over to the side. Riley walks in, stands on the door mat, taking off her shoes before walking onto the wooden floor. "Is everyone asleep?" she asks him. Beomgyu closes the door behind her, "I think Soobin is, but everyone else should be awake. Yeonjun is showering, he should be out soon." Riley thanks him, walking over to the living room and then sits down on the couch. Beomgyu doesn't know what to do, so he awkwardly stands around for a second and then walks back upstairs. 

Riley making a popping noise with her lips, awkwardly waiting for someone to come by. She looks over to her right, looking down the empty hallway. She then sees a large figure coming towards her. Confused, she squints her eyes to see purple hair. She smiles as she stands up, seeing it's Soobin. "The giant bunny is awake!" she says, giggling at her own comment. Soobin rubs his eyes, confused as to who it is that's talking. He then smiles, walking over to Riley. "Riley! So glad you're here, happy birthday angel." He wraps his arms around her tiny frame. Riley, being overtaken by the tall boy, wraps her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. She groans as he hugs her back, getting squished by him. "Soobin.... Can't... Breathe," she says with a breathy voice. Soobin frowns, letting go of her before fixing her hair. "Sorry, sorry, sorry! I got too excited, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you." 

"Soo, it's okay! I'm fine, stop freaking out," Riley tells him, giggling as she reassures him. Soobin smiles before walking over to the kitchen to grab something to eat. "Have you eaten yet? Are you hungry?" he asks her. Riley looks back at the tall boy, who is grabbing a plate from the cabinet on top. "Already ate, thank you," she tells him with a smile. She turns around to face the stairs, looking up at the balcony that's above her. Waiting for Yeonjun to pop out. 

"Ri-Ri!" Riley hears from the distance, making her turn in the direction the noise is coming from. A tall, curly haired boy pops out from the hallway. Riley smiles as she sees it's Huening walking towards her, carrying a big goldfish plushie in one hand and carrying a molang bunny plushie in the other. "Hyuka, hi!" she tells him. Huening hands the goldfish plushie over to Riley, smiling as big as he can down at her. "Happy birthday, noona. I got you this goldfish plushie, now we can both have plushies to sleep and cuddle with," he says he holds his bunny plushie tightly in his arms. Riley lets out a small giggle, smiling over at the youngest. "Thank you Kai, I am never letting this go." Riley hugs the tall boy, before stepping back as she hears footsteps coming down the stairs. 

Huening looks over her shoulder, seeing Yeonjun walk down the stairs. "Yeonjun hyung is awake. If he yells, hide behind your plushie. I always do," he says to Riley before walking away from her. Riley turns around, seeing Yeonjun who looks extremely tired. She holds the plushie in her arms, bracing herself for what's about to happen. Yeonjun walks over to her, fixing his hair after drying it. He faces Riley, looking down at the plushie she's holding. 

"Did Kai give you to protect yourself?" he asks her. Riley nods her head, hiding half of her face behind the toy, looking up at Yeonjun. Yeonjun lets out a sigh, scratching his head. "You said you needed to talk to me. But if you're gonna hide away from fear, I don't want to near you. If I scare you, then it's best if you stay away from me," he says with a monotone voice, walking over to the kitchen. Riley's heart races, feeling it pound harshly against her chest. She watches Yeonjun walk away, surprised by the emotionless tone in his voice.