~Chapter Three~

Please listen to song while reading this chapter and tell me how you feel at the end.

*****
"Sing Like no one's watching, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it's heaven on earth."

*****

8 months later.

"Beep! Beep!"

The mellow tenor of the heart monitor drummed faintly against her eardrums as she gazed forlornly at the thin frail figure laying unmoving on the neatly tucked hospital bed. She lifted her trembling hands to brush away stray hairs from her mother's pale face as a tear slowly escaped from her eyes.

She hastily wiped it away with the back of her hand as she sniffed the rest away. She looked out the misty window to see the once clear sky turn dark and dreary.

Just like my soul, she darkly chuckled.

The months that went by left traces of it's horrible moments. Moments such as Dad completely ignoring her existence, he had flown to Georgia this morning under the notion of physical therapy for his legs but she knew better.

He couldn't bear the sight of her simply because of her striking resemblance with her Momma. She knew he couldn't endure the emotional trauma, that's why he left without a goodbye but laid a crisp white sheet on the kitchen counter.

It was instructed across the letter to be read to both her and Grandma at the same time. Since the news got to Grandma, she looked so lost and hardly ate her meals.

Why wouldn't she?

Her daughter was lying helplessly on a hospital bed fighting for her own life. She couldn't read this letter to her, she would be heartbroken and with her weak heart, that's a danger zone. The doctor advised that she should avoid all kinds of stress, either physical or emotional, so she can't know that Dad packed his bags and left.

Goodness!

He couldn't even say it to her face. She clenched her fists tightly and took in a very deep breath. When she regained control of herself, she slowly unfolded the letter and started reading aloud.

Dear Grandma and Cecilia,

I'm sorry to inform you that I'm leaving for Georgia soonest. When you do get this letter, I would be gone by then.

Cecilia, I love you so much but this past few months had been hard on me, it has been hard on all of us. I couldn't bear seeing your mother in you when I know fully well that she is lying helpless and defenseless in the hospital.

Your mother was the centre of my world, she still is. I can't look at her there without coming undone with tears, she was my queen, my entire universe and my best friend.

She couldn't stop the flowing tears as she pressed the heels of her palms against her red eyelids. The gentle tapping of the rain against the window making pitter- patter sounds did nothing to soothe the hurt and pain she felt deeply in her soul.

The rain droplets had formed tiny globes of clear crystal liquid on the glass panes. She tuned out the rest of the world as she focused on the remaining part of the letter.

Don't worry about finances dear, I will send money regularly through the family lawyer. You will gain complete custody of all the money once you turn eighteen.

I love you so much sweetheart, please bear with me. I know this would be extremely hard on you but I can't stay and cause you harm or more hurt. I indulged in something you and your mother wouldn't be proud of.

Alcohol Cece, I have become an alcoholic and I don't want to pour out my drunken anger around you. I'm afraid you may get deeply hurt, so I'm leaving. I'm also getting psychological help there.

Grandma, I'm sorry for doing this, please forgive me. I promise both of you, I will be back. I just want to get my head back in the game after figuring all this out cause right now I'm in total denial. Don't cry over me, the Lord would surely protect and guide me.

If my queen ever wakes up before I return, tell her that I love her and always will. Let her know she is always loved more than anything in this world.

Cecilia, I know that I'm the worst father imaginable but just know this, I will always love you in sickness and in health. I don't want to bother you with my condition and just looking at you, my heart melts at your beautiful eyes the same way it did when you first smiled at me as I held you in hospital nursery.

Please, forgive me and my selfishness, those eyes hold deep depths of sadness I can't even fathom and I know I'm among the causes. I'm deeply sorry, I'm writing this from my wheelchair after discreetly watching you sleep.

This may seem irrelevant to you but I always kiss you goodnight when you're deeply asleep even after ignoring you throughout the day. I will never break my promise to you, even from there, I will always kiss you goodnight from my heart.

May God guide and shelter you my darling until I return to hold my baby. Sweetie please take care of everyone. I love you all, tell Momma that!

Goodbye for now Darling.

Love always,
Dad.

She choked on her tears as they stained the clean sheet. Unknown to her, her mother's thin finger twitched as she finished the letter. Meanwhile, Cecilia felt a renewed sense of hope as one thought echoed itself in her head.

"Daddy still loves me!"

*****

Hello fans, If you did what I graciously requested at the beginning of this chapter, could you please tell me your honest observation? I shed a few tears, what about you?

Don't forget to vote, comment on what you liked or disliked and share with fellow friends this book if you truly enjoyed this chapter!

PS: Add this book to your reading list for easy update. See you next Sunday, love you all❤❤