𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 23

"And I think that may change soon."

I held my breath, my eyes darting all over the park, my entire body frozen.

What's that supposed to mean?

"You like someone?" I blurted out.

He lifted his head from mine and turned to face me.

"I do," he said while chuckling.

I felt a slight pang to my heart...why did that hurt so much?

"What's she like?" I made a pathetic attempt to sound like I wanted to hear more about her.

He broke into a wide smile while staring at the sky, geez does he like her that much?

"She's really pretty, when she smiles..." he paused for a split second,

"I can't even describe it. When she gets all shy, I feel like my heart's gonna burst. And when I look into her eyes, god she takes me into another world."

With every sentence he said, more tears formed in my eyes. Why?

Because the person he's describing, it isn't me...there's just no way.

"I guess you really like her then?" I forced a question out.

He nodded his head,

"She makes me so happy."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and immediately turned the other way so he wouldn't see it.

But as always, he was too quick for me and caught a glimpse of my teary eyes.

I felt his gaze on me as he continued speaking.

"But as happy as she makes me, when there's even a hint of sadness on her face,"

"My heart feels like it's being torn into a million pieces," he whispered.

I sniffled slightly, wiped off my tears then turned back to him.

But why can I see tears forming in his eyes?

"I'm crying because I miss my sister... because the park... and...memories..." I mumbled.

He blinked at me with this unreadable expression then chuckled while looking away.

"And I'm crying because this girl I like is so painfully dense."

Is he that sad? Should I... try to help him?

"If you give me her number... maybe I could tell her..."

I saw him closing his eyes, pursing his lips together, and taking a deep breath.

"It's okay let's go"

"Are you sure-"

"Soori, I'm sorry but stop talking I'm going to lose my mind." He practically begged before walking off, dragging me by the wrist.

I stayed silent the whole walk, completely distracted with my infinite thoughts.

Or should I say, one question that I thought about infinitely.

Who is she?

I wanted to know her name, where she was from, where they met, I wanted to know everything.

Of course it hurt, it hurt that the very moment I knew what he meant to me, I realised that I wasn't the same to him. But what could I do? The way he grinned so widely, the way his eyes sparkled, the way his voice was so full of love when he talked about her