𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 25

"i agree just date me" what did he just say?

"WHAT?!" i practically yelled, slightly too loudly, making taehyung jump back. with his widened eyes, he screamed back,

"what part of that don't you understand?! i? agree? WHAT WORD?"

he stopped there, why? the part i didn't understand was...after that...

"the part after" i mumbled slightly, looking everywhere else but at taehyung. i heard his distinctive chuckle before his deep voice filled my ears again.

"i'm kidding, okay? stop freaking out and stop screaming." it was ironic, that he said that with the best intentions to comfort but ended up being like a slap in the face. still, as always, i laughed it off and fixated my eyes to the sea.

there was a moment of silence, but a calm type of silence as the swash of the waves played on repeat. the calmness of the air, the wind brushing softly against my skin making my hair dance, i felt my eyelids flutter before a weight pushed my eyes shut.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

i looked over to see her closed eyes accompanied by her head gradually getting closer to the sand. my hands instinctively reached out to support her small head before resting it safely on my crossed legs.

it fit so perfectly

for a while, i just gazed at her, admiring every feature on her face, barely taking in the fact that i was at my favourite place, with my favourite person.

a "ding" from a notification awakened me from my dream, my attention was instantly diverted to soori's blinking phone. 

"ding!" another one. control yourself, it's not yours.

"ding!" it wouldn't stop. i leaned over to get a closer peak but- an unknown number? who could it be and why does he or she need soori so urgently? the high-pitched sounds kept ringing in my ear while i sat there, contemplating if i should check the messages or wake soori up.

taehyung, you know you shouldn't...

i sighed deeply before tapping soori lightly, making her eyes flutter open slowly.

god they were beautiful

"hm?"

"your phone kept ringing, i thought you should check your messages." she flashed a smile at me then proceeded to open her messages.

her smile faded away the moment she saw the texts, as did mine.

"is something wrong?" i asked carefully, slowly creeping up behind her in attempt to see what message had bothered her so much.

but she quickly hid her phone away, so fast i couldn't catch even a glimpse of it.

"it's nothing," she tried to reassure me, flashing a slightly sadder smile this time, but why did i feel even more worried? it's not that i didn't want to believe her, but it was obvious that there was something bothering her and that bothered me.

soori shot up to her feet,

"we should get back to the hospital, the sun's starting to set." i looked up towards the sky, then back to soori.