Chapter Twenty Two: Miraculous Ladybug

The 45 minutes away from Marinette were agonising. He just wanted to get back to her and make sure she was ok. The heat radiating off her skin was nothing he's ever experienced before, and with the amount of fevers he caught as Chat he knew high temperatures.

He knocked on the door to the girls dorm room and Alya opened it, welcoming him with a worried expression on her face. Seeing the frown on Alya's face reminded him of someone ... Rena Rouge? It couldn't be? Could it?

"She hasn't been out yet." Alya closed the door and went to the fridge, throwing Adrien a bottle of water.

"Has anyone checked on her?" Adrien asked.

"We've been taking it in turns," Nino explained. "Dude, that girl doesn't half talk in her sleep! I'm sorry to tell you man, but I think she might have a kink for guys in black leather who are dressed as a cat." Alya laughed, as Adrien tried to control his flushed cheeks from his friends. That's the second time today she's been having interesting dreams about his alter-ego. Definitely something to ask her about.

"So what did you think of Mari's dress last night? She looked good in it right?" Alya stated. Adrien shrugged and opened his water.

"She looked better out of it." Adrien smirked quietly and took a sip of water.

"Woah ... woah ... woah! Did you two?" Nino wiggled his eyebrows at Adrien, he answered with a smile.

"Agreste, you sly dog!" Nino was bouncing with excitement. "I honestly thought you'd be too much of a gentleman to do the deed before marriage." Alya started laughing and Adrien turned bright red.

"I'm just going to check on my girlfriend." He strode past his friends and towards
Marinette's door.

He opened it slowly and saw she was still asleep. He lay down next to her and nuzzled into her neck. Her temperature had gone and she looked like she was glowing. Obviously the sleep had done her good. He pressed soft kisses to her neck.

"To spend a life of endless bliss, just find who you love through true loves kiss." Adrien bent over to kiss Marinette's lips when she grumbled something out.

"Did you just quote 'Enchanted'?"

"Hey, Princess. You look better."

"I feel a lot ..." her brain began to light up with ideas. "With loves first kiss the spell will break." She mumbled to herself looking for Tikki or Plagg. "I've got an idea. Don't kiss me Adrien. We need to go somewhere."

"Oh ... k? Mari, I know we've only just started dating officially but it does actually hurt when you say things like that." Marinette stood up and pulled on an oversized dress jumper then her boots

"Do you trust me?" She asks Adrien.

"Mari, what's happening? What's going on?"

"Adrien, I need to know! Do you trust me?"

"Always."

"Then lets go!" She grabbed Adrien's hand and pulled him out the dorm room.

Marinette felt like she was going to explode with the power running through her veins. She realised it wasn't just emitting from her but also she could feel it pulsing out of Adrien. The combined feelings producing a strong, strange power.

As they made their way to the underground car park Adrien started to stumble. He walked a couple of steps and then dropped down to his knees screaming.

"What the ...?" He grabbed hold of his head.

"Adrien, you need to come with me now. Please." Tears began to run down his cheeks.