Season 4 Ending Part 1

After Justin was quickly rushed to the hospital after his sudden drop to the floor at prom last night, Clay, his parents, Jessica, and a few of their classmates had a depressing sleepover at the hospital overnight awaiting the news of what was wrong with Justin. They all thought they would never be able to fall asleep due to the fear and unknown of Justin's future, but surprisingly Clay fell into a deep sleep and slowly awoke to a silhouette of a figure standing over his mother. His mind was barely awake, and was wondering why he was sleeping in an uncomfortable hospital chair but than the tragedy of last night shook him and sadness captured his happiness and imprisoned it. Although feeling numb and tired he could hear a doctor whispering "Mrs. Jensen , Mrs. Jenson." He than realized what this could mean and a bolt of energy hit him like lightning "Mom, Wake Up, Mom, Mom Wake Up" he said shaking. His dad awoke to and the doctor took the 3 of them to a private room. Clay looked back to see Jessica's tired, yet filled with fear, eyes watching them leave. They entered the private room and surprisingly nothing prepared Clay for the words the doctor spitted out, despite the shit he's been through. Justin had contracted a severe case of HIV. Justin's Doctor questioned where he might have gotten it from, since Justin wasn't gay. Rapidly, the memories of Justin's time being homeless came flooding into Clay's Mind. Clay than said to the doctor "Before we adopted him, he was in a really bad place, he was doing drugs, lots of em, and he was homeless, and while he was homeless he slept with men for money." A tear rolled down Mrs. Jensen's already weary face, hurting that her newly adopted son ever had to go through that. The doctor said that since it was very severe the chances of him surviving weren't good but they were gonna try everything they could for him to have a future.

The 3 Jensen's walked out to the waiting room full of worried friends and classmates awaiting to hear what just broke Clay and his parents hearts. Jessica took the news the hardest and ran out crying, Alex than left Charlie's side and followed her.

The next few weeks were hard. Justin would have good days where the doctors thought he was getting better but than he would have bad days where the doctors thought he might not make it through the night. Clay, Jessica and their friends brokenly spent their days finishing their senior year and spent their nights in uncomfortable chairs drinking cheap hospital coffee and hot chocolate.

Graduation had finally come and Justin was still not better. Clay and his parents quickly made their way over to the hospital to see Justin and to give him his cap and gown before they headed over to Liberty High for the ceremony. They could only be their for a few minutes since they were already running late and Clay had to be their because he was the chosen speaker for his graduating class. Justin for the first time in awhile was happy. He was smiling because having his cap and gown made him feel like he was graduating even though he couldn't attend the actual graduation. For the first time in awhile it gave him hope for a future. Clay than came up to Justin and said "I love you bro." Justin than squeezed Clay's hand and replied back saying "I love you to, also graduated for me to, since I can't" Clay than replied "I promise."

But than all of a sudden Justin started coughing and heavily breathing. Than the monitor above him started beeping and Clay frantically yelled for help, "help we need a doctor, help somebody help" he called out. Doctors and nurses quickly flooded the room as Clay's Parents, holding back tears, held on to Clay, trying to calm him down. With the unknown future ahead, Mr. Jenson says "Honey take Clay to his graduation and i'll stay here and make sure he's okay." Clay rapidly blurted out in a voice filled with fear and anger, "What NO!!" Mrs. Jensen than said heartbreakingly "you have to... for Justin."