Not a good fit

The festival was filled with different types of foods and activities.

You headed towards the debate club with Oikawa following after you with a few pieces of milk bread.

"Want one" he said pushing the bread towards you.

"Sur-" you were interrupted by a group of girls. All with different things in their hands, cookies, juices, cake, and more.

"Oikawa-senpai I bought this for you!"

Or

"Oikawa-senpai please accept these, I made them all for you"

They were all very eager to talk Oikawa. This must be his fan girls. They were just a big group of giggling girls admiring their 'king'. You decided it would be okay to leave him. He could find his way to the debate club on his own. So you continued down the hallways. Passing by the newspaper your eyes set on Haru.

Haru and a first year girl. He held her hands in between his. He never held your hand. You kinda just froze just staring at him. It happened so fast. Leaning in he attached his lips to hers. You stood there for awhile trying to figure out what to do next.

"Y/n-Chan! I found you" Oikawa ran up to you, presents in his hands. "What's wrong?" He followed your eyes to the boy who he believed was Haru.

You quickly grabbed oikawa by the sleeve pulling him towards a empty classroom. Sliding the door closed.

"What do I do" you mumbled looking down at your clenched fist, trying to hold back the tears. Oikawa set all the things the girls had gave him down on a empty desk before looking back at you.

Before you knew it your tears flooded down your cheeks at a rapid speed. Crying like a baby.

While Oikawa stood there, not knowing what to do. You looked up at the boy and ran up to him. Wrapping your arms around his waist. Oikawa, surprised, wrapped his arms around your small figure, trying his best to comfort you. Holding you felt good, he never wanted to let go.

You sobbed into his chest. He felt warm like a blanket. Your sobs soon turned into occasional tears. Oikawa looked down at your face and used his sleeve to wipe the tears off your cheeks.

"On the bright side your single now!" He said pumping his fist in the air. You laughed at him and sat in a desk chair.

"I told you, you deserve someone better" he said crouching in front of the desk, leaning his head in his hands.

Your eyes burned from all the crying, and all you wanted to do was close them. So that's what you did. You set your head on your folded arms and fell asleep in a blink of an eye. Oikawa sat there looking at you for a few minutes, pushing a strand of your hair behind your ear.

——

It was now Saturday morning, you sat up in your bed. Taking out your phone to text Haru. We need to talk. It felt like you had been hit by a bus. A big bus.

After falling asleep at school Oikawa had taken you home. He watched you as you slept so calmly. He was just as mad as you were at Haru. Even though he never met the guy. All he knew is that he hurt you.

You got up to get ready, washing your hair for the first time in a few days. Finally a text back rolled in. Haru had given a thumbs up to meeting up. It had now started raining since waking up so you grabbed your umbrella and instead of sneakers poor a pair of combat boots on.

——

You walked up to the park holding the umbrella tight. You looked up to see Haru smiling over at you with a umbrella as well. You walked up to him tracking through the puddles.

"Hey" Haru said quietly looking down at you.

"Hey" you responded.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I saw you" you started "with the first year yesterday" you finished looking down at your feet.

"Listen, Y/n"

"I don't want to hear your excuses, all I know is that I don't want to be with you anymore. I should have broken up with you a long time ago, we never did normal couple things. You never held my hand, hugged me, watched movies with me, and you always made excuses to not hang out with me"

Haru would be a better friend than a boy friend.

"I'm sorry"

Haru was just a normal teenage boy, not aware of anyone else's feelings except for his. He didn't love you. He only loved himself. He didn't care for you. He only cared for himself and his needs. You realized when you saw Haru and the girl that you didn't love him either. You only wanted the feeling of having a boyfriend and the idea seemed nice. But Haru wasn't good for you and he wasn't a good match.

"I hope you find someone that can give you what you need and love you in the future" you stated.

Haru just nodded before walking away. Leaving you alone in the rain. It actually felt good. You and Haru weren't a good match and it was best to let go of him.

You now sat in your bed Iwaizumi sitting on the floor.

Iwaizumi was happy that you were single, it gave him a better chance to finally earn your heart. He loved you. And cared about you and your feelings. Unlike Haru. Iwaizumi would be the perfect husband. What can I say he's perfect husband material. But that doesn't mean you have to be with him. You needed to take a break from dating. But that didn't mean you could have feelings for someone. Iwaizumi was just your best friend right now.

You still loved him, but you didn't know which way.

Then there was Oikawa. The pretty boy of Aoba Johsai. You had only just met him, but he left a good impression. He was funny, smart, childish, hard working, and everything that you would want in a boy. He was your dream boy. But you had a feeling in your gut that he would never go for a girl like you. You were just his new friend that he cared about. Right?

But for right now you need to focus on yourself and figure out your feelings.

"Wanna order something" Iwaizumi asked looking up at you. You nodded, continuing to think. Iwaizumi noticed this.

"What's on your mind" he asked resting his chin on your bed. You looked over to him leaning your head down to face him.

"I'm just thinking about what I'm gonna do with my life"

He laughed, He has the cutest smile.

"You have a lot of time for that"

You sighed before thinking of something.

"Hajime" you started, sitting up, Iwaizumi did the same. "Where are you going to college, will you stay close?"

He looked at you before frowning.

"I'm going to the states" he mumbled looking down at your hands.

You were surprised "But we only just reunited! When are you leaving"

He scratched the back of his head before letting out a pathetic "June."

"Will you come visit me? I'm gonna miss you, why didn't you pick a closer school"

"It's not like I'm never gonna see you again" he started "It was just a better fit and it sounded... fun."

Now that you knew iwaizumi was leaving.... far. You wondered where Oikawa was going to go. Most of you crossed your fingers hoping he was going to stay, you didn't know why. You only just met him it's not like he's so close to you that him leaving would affect you.