Nightmares 維サト

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝕆𝕪𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕚 𝕠𝕪𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕚

ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕝𝕝 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞

𝕆𝕪𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕚 𝕠𝕪𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕚

𝕀 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕠

𝔻𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕘𝕠 𝕓𝕪

𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕒 𝕟𝕒𝕚

𝕄𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕤

𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕘𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕤

ℍ𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖

𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕖?

𝕀𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕

𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕏𝟜

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was so dark. A single light bulb hung from the ceiling above me, casting a dim glow on the room around me, faint outlines of untouched toys and dollhouses being the only thing I could see. Chains weighed heavy on my wrists and ankles, each movement rattling and cutting my skin deeper, small streams of red dripping down.

Purple shadows dotted my arms where bruises lay. I felt a rough duvet underneath me.
This felt so familiar, so real. My heart was beating a thousand miles a minute, my body shaking as I tried to remember why I somehow recognized this place, coming up blank. I pulled my knees to my chest with shaky breaths, I raked my fingers through my hair in frustration and fear, trying to think of an escape. Tears fell down my cheeks in streams.

The squeal of hinges came from behind me making me freeze. I turned slowly, the only thing I could see was a faint outline in the doorframe, the light too much for my eyes. My eyes adjusted, a boy, about eleven, stared back at me, a long birdlike mask on his face. Cold golden eyes glaring into my soul. 

"Your new boss is waiting for you," He spoke. "He's waiting to meet you... Y/n,"

"Y/N!"
I opened my eyes in a cold sweat, still shaking. My dad looked down at me, his eyes filled with worry. "M-mask," I stuttered. His eyes widened with shock. My voice hurt more and more as I sobbed. I've never been able to speak before, well I've never felt the urge to try, something inside me is stopping that from happening.
My Dad pulled me into a tight hug, his long dark hair covering my face. It felt comforting.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

I pulled away from my father slightly as I calmed down, still shaken up from everything that went down in my dream, no, a nightmare. It was a nightmare, right?
But it felt so real and familiar like I've been there before...?
I had so many questions, but my throat closed up once again, stopping me from using my voice.
I signed to my father what happened, I could see a glint of familiarity in his eyes like he knows something that I didn't.

"It's just a nightmare kitten, whatever it was can't hurt you,"
I could sense a sliver of uncertainty in his voice but I brushed it off.
I know my Dad would never lie to me, he's always been my best friend. Even when I'm in trouble for doing something stupid.  He would never lie to me, right?
No, don't be an idiot.

I gave him a small smile and brushed away my tears. His gaze softened and patted me on the head before heading to the kitchen. It was only then that I noticed I was on the couch again. DAMN MY SLEEPWALKING.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

I got up and stretched, my joints cracking from being in one position for too long. Ughhh what a pain. My stomach growled louder than my cat taking a bath. My mouth watered when the smell of pancakes wafted into my face.
Ahhhh pancakes... 
Dad, you are the real MVP and no-one can take that away from you, not even Mr Snuggles. 
(Yes I named my cat Mr snuggles I was like seven ok?)

Cheerily I power walked to the kitchen in determination and hunger, almost forgetting what had happened just a couple of minutes before. What can I say? Food is distracting, especially fluffy pancakes slathered in honey, with strawberries and whipped cream and...

"We're training this afternoon, after a meeting at school,"
Shit. Lazy afternoon chillin' with Señor Snuggles and playing animal crossing has been chucked off a ten-story building. Dad, I love you, but please have mercy.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

With heavy breathes I stared at my opponent, calculating their every movement with scrutiny.
My entire body was on high alert, my brain giving me warning bells every time they so much as took a breath. I could not let my guard down and they knew that.

My father lurched forward, scarf flailing and honed in on capturing me. I quickly shifted to the side, the capture-weapon zipping past my ear, barely missing me.
I stayed on my toes, hopping and dodging each attack my father threw at me. 
I'm a lot faster than last week that's for sure. With a bit of confidence, I went for a cheeky slip, my Dad spotting it immediately, wrapping his scarf around my calf. Oh shit.

Without thinking, I grabbed the rough material. Here goes nothing.
I activated my quirk, my eyes flashing an almost blinding light, I focused on making my father lighter, not breaking concentration for a second. With all my strength I pulled on the ivory material and threw my father to my right, him soaring above my head, light as a feather.

My father's eyes flashed red and his hair was wild, the surge of energy drained away and the effect of my quirk wore off. Oh, Shit, for real this time.
Next thing I knew, I was wrapped up in carbon alloy bandages and my body hurt from being forced onto the floor. My Dad deactivated his quirk and unwrapped me before helping me up.

"You've got a lot faster kitten, but you need to improve your physical strength to be able to win against me, and don't be too overconfident, use your brain before doing something so risky. In the field, it can mean the difference between life and death." His voice was gravelly and firm, not pulling any punches in his feedback. This is another reason I love my Dad, he would never lie to me, even if the world was on fire.

UA here I come.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

A/n

Finally, a second chapter!

Sorry that took so long, I just wanted it to be perfect for you guys, the next chapter will be more tied into the canon events so watch out for that xx

~Koa xx