18 | BUT I TRUSTED YOU

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved."

❛❛「₪」❜❜

Ash's P.O.V.

He helped me to the car, with my belongings in one hand. All the way, we didn't say a word, except at the beginning when he suggested I close my eyes and try to take a nap.

I did as he said. I tried. But I couldn't. Although, I preferred remaining quiet. And so did he.

Once we got there, he helped me home.

"You want me to help you to bed?" He asked.

"No. Just to the couch."

And he did as I asked him to. He took a seat on the couch, keeping a little distance between us. What about the time I was unconscious? Why no distance at that time John?

"Ashleigh. Please take care of yourself. And please, please don't come to work tomorrow." He said. His voice was sounding rough and low.

"But I have been to office for just six and a half days John." I said, trying to speak as loud as I could, realising that he wasn't sitting little far, but a little bit too far.

"Ash but-"

"I have already taken a leave for 6 days. I can't take more leaves Jo-"

"Health first remember?" He said. I nodded.

"At least you can try asking them."

"Yeah." I said.

He smiled and waved me a good-bye. He stood up to leave, but I caught hold of the little finger of his hand, and wrapped it with my whole hand, like a little kid holding the finger of her parents, not wanting to be lost. He turned around. His eyes first moved towards his finger, then towards my face. He sat on both his knees in front of me and smiled.

"What is it?" He asked, holding both my hands in his, giving me the warmth.

I was still sitting on the couch. He was sitting in front of me. His head almost reached the height of mine own. We both sat, almost facing each other with equal heights.

"No nothing." I said, looking at my legs.

He smiled and gave me a small hug. Isn't that all I wanted?

"Take care Ash." He said, still not breaking the hug.

"I will." I whispered.

"I will talk to Katie about taking you to the doctor alright?

"Yes." I said.

He broke the hug and stood up. He turned around. This time, I didn't stop him. He gave a smile and walked again.