Part 14

Zhuocheng POV

I didn't know how to calm down Yibo's brother but before he could cause a ruckus or call the police, I dragged him to Zhan's house. He was too lost to notice what was happening to him.

"Here drink this." I gave him a glass of warm milk with honey inside. He looked at me

I didn't put poison in it (;一_一)

 he took the glass and slowly drank it. I didn't tell him to calm down because my mind was not calm itself. I was surprise I didn't lash out on anyone.

Why did they both disappear and almost at the same time?

Zhan...Yibo...hang in there, I will find a way to get you both back!

I looked at Yibo's brother and surprisingly he was looking at me, in confusion? Did I say the last part out loud?

"..Ah...So, tell me how he disappeared?"

Even though I could guess how it happened I just couldn't think of any other way to initiate a conversation. He looked back at the floor, clutched the now empty glass in his hand, instead of answering he asked.

"What Yibo has been doing these past few days?"

Aside from sending heart eyes to my oblivious friend, nothing much. Why do you ask?

"What do you mean by that?" I feigned ignorance. He looked at me and I gulped, his eyes were not joking, he was seriously demanding.

"He's been acting suspicious, ever since he got acquainted with you? What have you been doing with him?" His tone changed to a cold, offensive one.

"If you're suspecting he's doing drugs then let me tell you, my father is in police. I would be sentenced to death if I even looked at those unholy things." I defended myself. Besides, there are better things to do in life than drugs. Like playing pachinko.

He put the glass on the side table and leaned towards me, his eyes scarier than before. I should have signed up life insurance

There is a saying, never anger the people who look gentle, and I now know why. My whole life everyone had been scared of me and this was the first time I felt scared of someone.

"Then what did you mean by that you will find a way to get them both back?"

Shoot! I really did say that out loud.

Slamming my both hands on his chest, I pushed him away. He's soft ლ,ᔑ•ﺪ͟͠•ᔐ.ლ

"Listen..." I took a deep sigh, I don't know what to do honestly? Should I just tell him? Even if I do, he won't believe me. I looked at him and he was patiently waiting for my reply. Another sigh and I decided to spill the beans. If he doesn't believe, it's his loss.

"Y-your brother and my friend, they...somehow, their souls got...swapped. They were in each other's body. It was not something they could just tell anyone so they did their best to pretend to be each other. But I should have known, Zhan could never act quiet. I mean his nick name is Xiao Jiantan! And Wang Yibo was no different, he acts like total Guowang, he didn't even want to speak!"

When I looked at his face, he gave the 

Well, there's first time for everyone

Well, there's first time for everyone. Good thing, I never had to make such a face.

For a long while, none of us said anything. He was silent, but I know inside he was judging me, he might be thinking I am totally a lunatic and he might be re-evaluating his life choices by now.

"Father said this would happen."

What?

I spoke too soon.

"When Bo Bo was born, my mother was given a medicine, it helped her with her delivery. My father used to tell me that the medicine was divine, send by moon rabbits."

Moon Rabbits again?

"I did not believe him, I thought he was just saying that to enrich my imagination but I guess he was telling the truth after all."

He looked at me, my face was fully attentive, listening to his worlds, looking for clues. He softly smiled then continued,

"The stories, my brother got to hear were however different. My father would tell him that the moon rabbits might take away his soul if he steps outside of the house or go somewhere without being monitored."

I would attest to that, just today Yibo told me that.

"I was confused as to why my father was telling different stories and which of these stories were the correct one so I confronted my father and he said.

'Both are the true.'

He then told me about his friends who gifted them the Medicine.

'How did she get the medicine?'

'She asked the moon rabbit.'

'How come only she can ask the moon rabbit?'

'Because, moon rabbit is her precious son.'

'Then why does her son want to take Bo Bo's soul?'

'Because they are not meant to be here.'

Honestly, till this day, I still don't understand what he meant."

Yeah you lost me too. 

What does that even mean? Who was that friend? And Who is this moon rabbit?

We were both deep in our thoughts when a sudden bolt of lightening flashed before our eyes, tearing the space around, revealing a figure. Both of our eyes were glued to the figure, blinding us with the light that followed. Slowly the tear in the space was closing, receding the light and now we could see who the figure was.

Zhan!

No....

"Yibo...?"

Like a defeated man, he stepped out of the void, slumped to the floor and cried out.

"Zhan ge...is gone..."

He came back the same way he disappeared, in a blink of an eye. Leaving a blizzard in my mind.

"W-what do you mean, Zhan is gone?" 

----------------

Sorry for Errors and thank you for reading.

Jiantan – Chatter box

Guowang- King