Shouldn't have started this way

I'm running through the forest. Something... Somebody's chasing me. I never liked the castle. I never liked being locked away in a place full of people I already know and will have to sacrifice in the future. I've already gotten attached to them. ,,Get her!" I hear from far behind me. I'm starting to get tired... My legs can't handle more... I need to keep running, but I'm slowing down. I'm not sure I can hide. It's very obvious they'll find me. I start panting as I get more and more tired. I really can't take it anymore! I have to run.. I MUST run! But I can't keep going like this forever. They're slowly catching up to me. Time passes before I trip on a rock and fall down. I'm way too tired to pick myself up so I just accept my faith.. I'll have to let them take me away again. I've been trying to escape, but it's no use. They'd always get me. They'd find me and take me to my parents. Should I just... Give up..? I mean I've done even since I was 15, but... This is.. The farthest I've gone so far. I'm trying to catch my breath but it's hard. I can hear the guards get closer and closer. I look up and I see somebody flying down. I think to myself ,,Maybe it's another elf!" So I get up and start slowly running to them. What I thought was wrong and what I saw wasn't what I expected. A tall man with big wings, red hair and beautiful sky blue eyes.. There was no time to admire him though.

Kristina: Please help me! I-I'm running away, but I'm way too tired to run more..

I hear a guard shout ,,A griffin!" .. But I thought griffins didn't roam around this place..? No time! Without thinking I go behind the man even though the guards already saw me, but I didn't care. Maybe he could help me. He can't say no to me, I'm the princess! But what if he didn't care..? Ugh, I'm over thinking..

??: elves? I thought this place was empty. What are you doing to this little one?

Ryan(guard): We have to take her back to her parents.

Kristina: You won't take me away again!

That's what I've been saying... And hoping it was true... But every time I tried they'd prove me wrong. Every single time they take me without asking if I want this, but I guess I never had the choice. I never had a voice to say "I don't want to stay here, I just want to be free and not sacrifice the ones I love and most care about." Cruel parents, huh? No, it's just how it is to be a princess and a soon-to-be queen. Makes me sick every time I think about it. I don't want to be a princess, nor a queen.

??: Alright, how about you little elves get away from the princess before I attack?

This guy isn't so good at threatening.

??: she'll come with me and she'll feel safer there. Not like you two can get her there. Or I could just steal her.

I'm peeking out at the guards. They don't know how to defend themselves or take me away, but they idiotically point their swords' edges at the man. I still can't believe he's a griffin..

??: you think I'm frightened? Please. These little-

The griffin touches the edges and he gets cut.

??: AGH! God damn, these are sharp!

This idiot really thought he won't get cut? Dang, I chose the stupidest of them all. Not only that, he also looks and sounds like he can beat them. The man licks off the blood- ew- and smacks down the swords.

??: now go away before I drop you down from the sky!

The guards get scared and run away. I sigh in relief that they're finally gone. I'm free from this hell! The man turns towards me.

Kristina: you really shouldn't have touched the sword.

??: Be thankful I helped you. If I wasn't around you'd be screwed by now.