Just Bros Being Bros

I looked up and felt like fainting.
Bohn is actually here to save me from this awkward situation.
Would it be weird when I hug him?
Probably…
"Bohn, hey. I met N'Duen and he said that his friends were struggling with some of their homework so I came here to help. Also, he gave me a box he wanted to give you but he had to go home and you were still in the lecture", I answered as calm as possible.
Hopefully no one will notice that I am absolutely NOT calm.
Bohn frowned a bit but nodded.
He definitely noticed that I am not, in fact, calm.
Shit.
"A box?"
I took it out of my bag and gave it to him.
Either I'm hallucinating or he's blushing a bit.
Oh god, he's so whipped.
Young love really is something else, hm?
Why do I sound like an old man?
"Thanks King, I owe you something", he said in a soft way and I smiled at him and patted his shoulder.
"It's fine, don't think about it too much. You are my friend, you don't owe me anything"
Bohn scratched his neck, looking slightly embarrassed and smirked a bit.
"Are you done tutoring them or should I wait?"
I took a look at the juniors and they smiled.
"It's ok, P'King. I think we understand it good enough to explain to Ram what you showed us. Would it be ok if you help us tomorrow again?"
I smiled brightly and nodded.
"Of course, that's perfectly fine. Don't overwork yourself and get enough sleep today. You did well and I'll answer your questions tomorrow and go through what I explained today again with you guys. So don't worry and go home soon too, ok?"
They promised me to take care and not to stay up for too long and I took my bag and left after waving at them.
"They're good children", I said and Bohn snorted.
"You are such a mother hen, King. A born teacher, really"
I rolled my eyes at him.
"I just enjoy helping others and teaching our juniors is nice. They are actually listening to what I say not like you guys", I answered in a teasing manner.
He rolled his eyes and gave me a light punch against the arm.
"Not everyone is as intelligent as you are"
"It's not that you are dumb, Bohn. It's just that you're too lazy to actually learn for exams or do your homework when I'm not around"
He smiled and put his arm around my shoulders.
"And this is why you are my best friend and not Boss or Mek"
"Those two are way too dense for their own good"
He sighed and nodded.
"It's torture to be around them. Mek always looks like a puppy that got kicked by its owner whenever Boss flirts with girls. It hurts to be around them sometimes", Bohn said with a frown.
"I wish Mek would either confess or try and move on but this situation really is hard to deal with", I answered.
"Sometimes I just want to hit him and make him see what he's doing but it's not my place to do so", Bohn sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration.
"I wish I could help too but no matter how often I say Mek that he can talk to me about it he refuses and acts like he's ok. And Boss is too focused on himself to notice anything at the moment. It's not that he's a selfish person but…"
"I know what you mean. He's not a bad person but being this oblivious and playful when he's doing nothing but hurting Mek's feelings and continuously giving him hope is not something I can handle for much longer", Bohn admitted.
I sighed and rubbed my eyes.
"I think all we can do is hope they'll solve it and be there for them. Though I don't think they wouldn't come to us if there was a problem…"
Bohn just nodded, looking as exhausted and frustrated as I felt.
"Well, let's observe their interactions tomorrow. Maybe we can think of something that might help them or that could show them that they can always come and talk to us", Bohn suggested and I agreed.
"By the way, I saw you stare at that freshman with tattoos as if you saw a ghost or something like that. Are you alright? Did he hurt you or anything?"
I smiled at my concerned looking friend.
He may look and act like he's a rough and careless guy but he genuinely cares about his friends.
Bohn is just not good with expressing his feelings or thoughts.
" I'm fine, he didn't do anything wrong. It's just that he…"
I hesitated for a second.
Should I tell Bohn that I am sure that that freshman is my soulmate?
He's my best friend and like a brother to me.
He told me about Duen the second he saw me after he met Duen for the first time.
Not it's fine.
I trust him just as much as he trusts me.
"He is my soulmate and I got overwhelmed by my feelings since that was the first time I actually met him. Now I understand why you were so scared that you gave Duen a bad first impression"
Bohn stopped abruptly and turned to me with wide eyes.
It was quite an amusing sight.
"Are you sure? Did you see his soulmark?"
"Not yet but what I felt was way too strong and different from anything else I ever felt. The second I saw him I wanted nothing more than to be close to him. For him to trust me, talk to me and focus on nothing but me. I want to be the reason for him to smile. I… "
Bohn hummed lowly and sighed again while ruffling his hair.
"He truly is your soulmate, hm? Well then he better not hurt you. I don't really want to fight with someone who has boxing experience and it would make Duen sad but", he looked me in the eye, "I'd do it for you. So he better not try anything funny"
I laughed at his slightly conflicted face and patted his shoulder.
"Thanks Bohn, I appreciate it"
"I always got your back", he said slightly awkward while rubbing his neck.
We continued our way to the dorms in comfortable silence.
We stopped at my door and I reminded him of the quiz we had tomorrow and that he should go to bed soon.
He rolled his eyes but nodded anyway and left.
I closed the door behind me and greeted all my beloved plants and made sure they were healthy and happy.
After I had made sure that everything was alright, I sat down on the couch and sighed.
"Today I met my soulmate. Can you imagine how surprised I was? I was so overwhelmed that I almost cried when Bohn appeared out of nowhere and safes me from that awkward situation", I laughed a bit at that.
"Thinking back, it really wasn't nice to leave all of the sudden. He might think that I don't want him which really isn't true. I just panicked. Who would have thought I'd be a panicked gay one day" I chuckled again at that thought.
"His name is Ram. A beautiful name, don't you think, my beloved ones? He is really pretty too. Beautiful, really. He has puppy eyes which is adorable and even though he had tattoos, which are really pretty and cool too, he looks like a soft and gentle person. I think he has dogs, Bohn mentioned something like that once, which terrifies me but I will deal with it for him. Who knows, maybe I'll like them. I hope he will like you as well, my lovely plants. Well, I should go to bed now. Thank you for listening to me. You may aren't able to answer me but just talking to you without having to worry about being judged is enough already"
I got up, got ready for bed and layed down.
However, I couldn't fall asleep because I kept thinking about Ram.
I don't know if I want to see him again because of how intense my reaction was and what if I do something wrong?
What if he doesn't like how I look or sound or what if he isn't interested in getting to know me?
But...
I want to see him again...
I sighed and rolled on my side.
What a mess I am.
What are you doing to me, Ram?
What are you doing…

Thank you so much for the comments and support!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well <3