39|Real Life

"Listen, you just gotta pull him aside tonight and talk to him okay?" Scarlett told Alaia as they sat at the bar.

Alaia looked down at her drink playing around with the straw, it was now or never. She had to speak to Chris and tell him how she feels, it didn't matter anymore to her whether or not he'd reciprocate them back.

"The guys are on their way down now." Scarlett said, Alaia looked up at her growing more and more nervous.

"I can do this-" Alaia sighed running her hand through her hair, at that moment she saw the guys walking towards them, "Nevermind I can't do this." She said turning back around to Scarlett.

"Alaia so help me god I will push into the man and force you to talk to him."

"Jeez okay, I'll do it." She muttered, the guys reached the women ordering their drinks before they went to sit down at a table.

"Don't get me wrong I love a good whiskey but these fruity cocktails are delicious." Anthony said as they all sat down, this caused laughter to erupt amongst the group.

"Welcome to the club." Alaia added.

She was sat from across Chris who couldn't keep his eyes off of her, she looked absolutely beautiful as the moonlight hit her skin. Her hair was damp and flowing down her back, she wore no makeup allowing its natural glow to come through.

"There's a club? Why did you let me join earlier?" Anthony groaned, Scarlett hit him on the head playfully.

"There never was idiot." She added, once again the group burst out with laughter.

As the time went by Alaia grew more and more nervous to pull Chris away, maybe she could do this tomorrow instead of now. Maybe she could run whilst she had the opportunity, Scarlett tapped her lightly on her leg causing her to look up at her. She made a discreet motion towards Chris, signalling Alaia to pull him away.

She sighed before she looked up catching Chris' eyes, without saying a word she simply jerked her head to the side motioning him to follow her. She pushed her chair back and excused herself from the table, behind her Chris followed her movements and shortly caught up to her.

She led him to the beach chairs where she sat down in front of him, it was silent between the two except for the waves crashing in front of the pair. She began playing with her thumbs before she finally looked up at him, fuck, she thought. His eyes were truly amazing, she could get lost in them so easily.

"Everything okay?" He said breaking the silence, she brought her hand to the back of her neck beginning to panic.

"Yeah I um, I just wanted to talk to you."

He smiled at her easing her nerves slightly, "Go ahead."

"God I don't even how to say it." She froze, she had to get it out.

It was starting to eat her up inside, ever since she'd spoken to Sebastian it was like something clicked in her and she realised she finally knew how she truly felt about Chris.

"You don't know how to say what?"

She took a deep breath before starting, "I'm just gonna come out with it, since I met you we grew so close and I-I just-" She paused for a moment staring into his eyes again, "I think what I'm trying to say is that I-I have feelings for you Chris."

Before he could respond she began talking again, "Shit I wasn't supposed to say it like that, I had a mental plan of what I wanted to say and that all went down the drain when I actually started talking."

It grew silent between the two again, Chris' eyes widened slightly having not believed what she'd just said. Was she being serious? Alaia began panicking in that moment, why wasn't Chris saying anything? Her heart slowly began to sink into a pit in her stomach, he doesn't feel the same.

"I've said too much clearly, it's okay if you don't feel the same but I just wanted to tell you." She said before she stood up, Chris quickly stood up in front of her stopping her from leaving.

"Hold on." He said before taking her hand in his, "Aren't you with Sebastian?" He asked, Alaia seemed slightly taken aback at his question.

"What? No I'm not-" She paused taking her free hand into her hair, "He's my best friend, there's nothing there."

"I'm sorry I just assumed you two were in a relationship." He said, she looked down at their hands sighing. She began feeling sick, sick at the thought he didn't remotely feel the same.

"Chris, it's okay if you don't feel the same, I'm just gonna go now." She forced a smile and let go of his hand before walking away.

As if on cue Chris ran up behind her turning her around pressing his lips onto hers, Alaia was too shocked to even register what was happening in that moment. He pulled back slowly placing her hair behind her ear.

"Of course I feel the same you silly girl, why wouldn't I?"

"What? You have feelings f-for me too?" Her voice trembled as she spoke, she was ready to run to her room and cry herself to sleep yet instead Chris changed that.

"Yes, Alaia of course I do-Ever since our coffee date I began liking you more and more." Her heart practically skipped a beat as she heard him say that.

Before saying anything she wrapped her arms around his neck pressing her lips onto his, this time she was receptive and gave her all into the kiss. Chris could practically feel himself melting into the kiss with Alaia, it was everything he wanted and more. The two reluctantly pulled away catching their breaths back.

"God I've been waiting to do since the party." He muttered, she looked up at him chuckling.

"Me too."

The two of them made their way back to Chris's room with their hands intertwined, the pair couldn't hide their smiles even if they tried. Both of them were grinning from ear to ear, they'd finally gotten what they wanted.

✧∗✧∗✧∗✧∗✧∗✧

a/n: they finally kissed!!
and now they can live happily ever after
😉😉
also i suck at writing chapters like this sorry sksksjs
enjoy this update!